Systems Engineer – Information Technology
Website Shorter University
Shorter University is seeking a motivated individual to join our OIT Team immediately in the critical role of Systems Engineer. The Systems Engineer will design, implement, and perform the day-to-day administration and maintenance of all university server and storage infrastructure. The successful candidate must be able to work both independently and function as a part of the OIT team. The ability to be creative, solve problems, and the desire to make an impact on the organization are all musts!
40 per week; occasional nights and weekends may be necessary to maintain system/network integrity and ensure a high level of availability
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
None required; however, Microsoft certifications are desirable.
- 3+ years of increasing responsibility for the administration and maintenance of IT infrastructure in a Microsoft environment.
- Proven experience/knowledge of Microsoft desktop (Window 10/11) and server operating systems (2016+), Microsoft Hyper-V (including clusters), developing and maintaining air-gapped/immutable cloud storage environment, and knowledge of networking as it pertains to a server environment.
- Proven experience/knowledge in Active Directory, Group Policy, IIS, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft 365 administration (including Azure AD and Intune), Microsoft 365 Defender suite (endpoint, email, identity, and cloud-app protection), and Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MCEM/SCCM)
- Proven experience scripting using Powershell. TSQL knowledge preferred, but not required.
- Proven experience/knowledge of administering and maintaining next-gen firewalls. Experience with SonicWall NS series preferred.
- Deploying and maintaining digital certificates across system-wide infrastructures.
While this position is primarily internally facing, interfacing with students, staff, faculty, and administrators will occasionally be part of the job. As such, a strong customer service orientation is required. Candidate should have the ability to lift equipment as necessary and to write, speak, see, and hear as necessary to carry out the requirements of the job.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Please apply by clicking the button below and send letter of application, unofficial transcripts of all academic work, statement of faith, resume, and three current letters of reference to:
315 Shorter Avenue
Rome, Georgia 30165
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives Through Christ
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.