Website Louisiana Christian University
Louisiana Christian University invites applications and nominations for the position of Registrar. The experienced professional who fulfils this important role reports to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Registrar provides executive leadership for all functions and services of the Registrar’s Office by strategically aligning them with the student-centered, Christ-centered vision and mission of the University. The Registrar is responsible for planning, managing, supervising, reporting, and advising on all activities related to academic records, conferral of degrees, course registration, course and classroom scheduling, student information systems, academic catalogs, and related areas. The person in this position provides leadership within the Office of the Registrar to ensure a positive student experience through process improvement, data-driven analysis and decisions, and removal of artificial barriers to success.
· Coordinates and supervises all aspects of the University’s Office of the Registrar including the student information system, registration, grading, degree and enrollment verification, academic records management, transcripts, compliance, graduation auditing, and awarding of degrees.
· Oversees the management of policies, processes, and operations of the Registrar’s Office and provides leadership, innovation, vision, and accountability for the management of all records, registration policies, and services that support student success.
· Provides oversight for integrity and accuracy of student academic record-keeping and transcript production and integrity compliance with the University’s academic policies and standards.
· Oversees the conformity of educational record use, dissemination, and privacy of student information to University’s policies and legal requirements, including the Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and other applicable laws and regulations as well as those of other regulatory agencies.
· Manages classroom schedule data.
· Maintains up-to-date course schedules.
· Oversees the implementation and effective use of systems for student information, degree audit, and other systems.
· Provides strategic input and develops recommendations for the implementation of related technology applications in support of enhanced services for students, faculty, and staff.
· Monitors and verifies student enrollment data essential for official internal and external reporting related to academic and student records including auditors, and accreditors, as needed.
· Supervises the evaluation and recording of transfer credit for the University, including credit for Advanced Placement and CLEP examinations, credit from study abroad programs, and pre-and post- matriculation credit from domestic institutions, ensuring that credit is transferred in accordance with University’s policies, external regulations, and best professional practices.
· Coordinates efforts with other offices to improve services for students, prospective students, and faculty through the Office of the Registrar.
· Supervises the maintenance of the degree audit system and provides oversight for the monitoring of students’ progress toward degree completion.
· Promotes and maintains effective relationships with faculty, staff, and academic partners across campus and other institutions, collaborating on issues relating to curriculum, university policies, and other areas of Registrar responsibilities.
· Oversees training, development, and maintenance of procedure manuals, regulations, and systems within the Registrar’s office for the university community.
· Supervises, trains, manages, evaluates, and develops staff within the office.
· Serves on administrative committees as assigned.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· A bachelor’s degree is required; master’s or other advanced degree preferred.
· Previous experience as a College/University Registrar or in a Registrar’s Office is preferred.
· Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively with a wide constituency, whether in person, over the phone, or electronically.
· Sincere dedication to exceptional customer service.
· Ability to produce high quality, accurate work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to multitask and provide attention to detail.
· Ability to organize and prioritize.
· Ability to work as a member of an office team in a professional Christian manner.
· Experience with and ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, including ability to edit and format large documents.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Adobe.
· Knowledge of other Windows-based software and willingness to learn operations in Jenzabar and other internal management platforms.
· Supervision and delegation.
· Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match, and LCU tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applications will not be considered until all materials have been received.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate an active Christian faith and a calling to engage in a “Christ-centered community committed to Academic Excellence where students are equipped for Lives of Learning, Leading, and Serving.”
Louisiana Christian University is a private, Baptist, coeducational college of liberal arts and sciences with selected professional programs, located in Pineville, Louisiana. The University was founded in 1906 and is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the Louisiana Baptist Convention. It has an enrollment of about 1,200 students and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
To apply for this position, click on the button below and please submit all of the following:
1. A cover letter
2. LCU Faculty Application
3. LCU Christian Worldview Form
4. Curriculum Vitae
5. Undergraduate and graduate transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable for application)
6. Three letters of recommendation
Inquiries should be made to:
Dr. Cheryl D. Clark, Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs
Louisiana Christian University
1140 College Drive, LCU Box 567
Pineville, LA 71359
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org