Website Criswell College
Description: As the officially authorized keeper of the college’s student academic records, the Registrar plans, organizes, and manages all activities related to the Registrar’s Office. The Registrar’s Office serves the academic needs of current and former students by maintaining academic records, overseeing course registration, and managing student data for external reporting.
Salary/Benefits: Rank and salary determined by experience and qualifications; full-time benefits included
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.—4:30 p.m.
Supervision: The Registrar will be accountable to and supervised by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Mission of Criswell College: to provide ministerial and professional higher education for men and women preparing to serve as Christian leaders throughout society, while maintaining an institutional commitment to biblical inerrancy.
- The Registrar personally serves as the officially authorized keeper of the college’s student records and officially represents Criswell College as the FERPA point of contact, and VA Certifying Official.
- The Registrar leads the staff within the Registrar’s Office to ensure that the following responsibilities are accomplished:
- Oversee the organization and administration of student academic records, registration, and graduation functions (e.g., transcript evaluations, posting of final grades, academic standing processing) in order to provide maximum service to students while ensuring efficient and effective workflow.
- Manage the collection, maintenance, recording, and reporting of student academic records (e.g., grades, registration data, transcripts) within FERPA guidelines.
- Optimize the use of technology applications to support the services offered through the Registrar’s Office, including the development of recommendations for the acquisition of new technology applications.
- Research, analyze, and work to resolve concerns and disputes related to academic records of current and former students.
- Supervise the coordination, evaluation, and certification of all graduation applications.
- Oversee the VA military benefits program.
- Oversee Census reporting.
- Oversee NSLDS enrollment reporting.
- Assist Student Services departments (e.g., admission, financial aid, student success) involved with student matriculation, registration, retention, progress, and graduation.
- Assist Academic Affairs faculty and staff with academic advising and degree-completion planning for current students.
- Assist Academic Affairs faculty and staff with the planning and scheduling of courses and curriculum changes.
- Assist departments with internal and external reporting requirements as needed.
- Assist Academic Affairs staff with the planning, rehearsal, and execution of all graduation-related events (e.g., Honors Ceremony, Commencement Exercises).
- Collaborate with administrators, staff, and faculty, to facilitate and improve services to prospective, current, and former students, with respect to academic records, registration, and graduation policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the Registrar’s Office is represented on the Admissions Committee, Financial Aid Appeals Committee, Scholarship Committee, Student Development Committee, and Student Retention Committee.
3. In leading the Registrar’s Office, the Registrar is responsible to:
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate Registrar Office staff members
- Propose a budget for the Registrar’s Office and to administer the approved budget
- Maintain a comprehensive manual of procedures within the Registrar’s Office
- Participate in professional development activities and serve on college committees that support the goals and objectives of the college.
- Exhibit the proper attitudes and personal qualities consistent with the beliefs and values of Criswell College, which would include being reliable and dependable with a good record of attendance, punctuality, flexibility, and time management.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail, including effective record keeping
- Demonstrated understanding of how technology applications can accomplish the responsibilities within a Registrar’s Office
- Progressive administrative experience, preferably within a higher education context
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, team-oriented, working relationships
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other college departments and within cross-functional teams
- A proven record in working successfully with diverse populations
- A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change
- Sound decision-making skills that are proactive and forward-thinking
- Ability to assess situations and needs and then, to assist accordingly
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Dr. Christopher Graham, Vice President of Academic Affairs
4010 Gaston Ave
Dallas, TX 75246
Phone: (214) 818-1390
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com