Women’s Lacrosse Graduate Assistant
Website Shorter University
Shorter University, a NCAA II institution which competes in the Gulf South Conference, invites applications for the position of Shorter University Women’s Lacrosse Graduate Assistant. The program is designed to provide each participant with a holistic and valuable practical experience in coaching at the collegiate level. Potential candidates must have a strong desire to pursue a career in coaching. Other things candidates will need to know about the position are as follows:
- All candidates must be enrolled for the 2023 Fall Semester and maintain satisfactory progress towards degree completion to maintain the position.
- GAs receive 30-33 hours of tuition remission for graduate courses only; if undergraduate pre-requisites are needed they must be covered by financial aid or applicant’s personal funds.
- GAs are asked to make a minimum 18-month work commitment to Shorter, depending on the master’s program and hours allowed each semester.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Assist the head coach in planning and running team practices.
- Breakdown of film
- Create scouting reports.
- Run individual practice sessions.
- Assist in recruiting efforts
- Help with miscellaneous tasks: practice hour logs, travel plans, etc.
Master’s degree options: MBA, MBA emphasis in Sports Management, or Master of Management.
- In exchange for hours worked for the team, the successful candidate will be given free tuition for graduate courses subject to the Graduate Assistantship Guidelines of the University.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and admission to one of our graduate programs.
- Candidates must be U.S. citizens or Resident Aliens with a green card
- Class hours taken in the summer require a work commitment on campus of at least 10 hours per week of class.
- Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Convention and requires employees to be committed Christians.
- Previous coaching experience at any level
- Previous playing experience at any level
- Understanding of the game i.e. new rule changes, what is required of each position on the field, etc..
Location: Rome, Georgia
Start Date: Flexible – Approximately August 1, 2023
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Apply today at this link:
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.