Videographer and Lecturer
Website Ouachita Baptist University
The Office of Communications & Marketing and Rogers Department of Communications seeks applications for a Videographer & Lecturer.
Creates and coordinates professional video content for the Office of Communications and Marketing to support Ouachita’s video communication needs and student recruitment strategy, and serves as a non-tenure-track faculty member in the Rogers Department of Communications.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience must pursue Master’s degree in communications or related area, and be enrolled and maintain persistence in the program at the time of employment
- A minimum of 1-3 years of professional experience
- Serves as primary university videographer and editor for all video content creation, coordination and management within the Office of Communications & Marketing.
- Works with the OCM team to develop and execute concepts for strategic, video projects.
- Manages and archives video assets for university access, including Vimeo, YouTube, and Livestream.
- Aligns marketing content with the university’s mission, vision, values, and strategic priorities.
- Manages university studio spaces and equipment, including leadership in recommending and acquiring needed equipment within budget constraints.
- Supervises and mentors video work-study and practicum students.
- Teaches six hours per semester including courses in Video Production and the Visual Media & Film emphasis
- Advises students in academic counseling, upon completion of master’s degree
- Serves on university committees, upon completion of master’s degree
- Assists with the recruitment of prospective students
Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in video production and editing techniques and practices.
- Expertise in technical video equipment, software, lighting and audio.
- Expertise in video conceptualization, planning and coordination.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Ability to effectively teach video skills and curriculum content to students.
- Ability to work with department faculty in strengthening curriculum and high-impact learning opportunities.
Open for discussion on either 9- or 12-month contract.
Please fill out this online application form with the required information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org