Vice President for Enrollment
Website Campbellsville University
Reporting directly to the University President and serving as a member of the University’s Senior Leadership team, the Vice President for Enrollment will (1) oversee all divisions of university enrollment including on campus, dual credit, certificate, regional, undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate; (2) advise digital and traditional marketing efforts and brand management; (3) oversee lead acquisition and prospect data management; and (4) coordinate strategically with the Senior Leadership team to initiate positive change for the University.
The successful candidate will possess a depth of experience in higher education enrollment management and a track record of success, including knowledge of recruitment, admissions, student financial aid, and retention. An exhibited understanding and readiness to contribute to the liberal arts mission of the institution is strongly desired.
- Graduate degree required
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in higher education administration.
- Outstanding relational, communication, and organizational skills.
- Extensive knowledge of recruiting and marketing practices with demonstrated and documented success.
- Ability to cast vision, implement change, and modernize enrollment strategies.
- Enrollment and Recruitment
- Lead the recruitment and enrollment of all incoming students at Campbellsville University, including on campus, regional, graduate, post-graduate, dual credit, and degree completion students.
- Develop and implement an integrated enrollment marketing and communication plan to attract, engage, retain, and graduate students.
- Enrollment Team Development
- Oversee staffing and leadership development of various directors within Enrollment such as on campus enrollment, and operations. Oversee additional leadership development to regional enrollment directors, recruiters, and specialists.
- Demonstrate strengths in managing interpersonal communication in a team environment.
- Provide leadership during the hiring, training, development, annual evaluation, and on-going supervision of Enrollment employees, maximizing the full potential of each team member by building upon strengths and professional growth.
- Budget Administration
- Manage operating budget for enrollment.
- Demonstrate ability to plan strategically and analyze effectively with budgeting, financial and business acumen.
- Partner with the Senior Leadership team and their administrative departments to meet enrollment and net-tuition revenue goals.
- Marketing & Brand Management
- Coordinate with marketing leadership to shape traditional and digital marketing efforts to secure inquiries, applicants and admitted students for all degree programs.
- Develop presentations and materials for board meetings and executive meetings per the President’s request.
- Work to ensure that Campbellsville University’s brand is effectively communicated to prospective students via electronic and print strategy, communication funnels, social media and other channels.
- Acquisition & Data Management
- Oversee continuous lead acquisition and prospective student follow-up ensuring accuracy, efficiency, confidentiality, and the availability of data to appropriate staff.
- Foster a culture of excellence in appropriately leveraging data and sharing of information, including best practices in data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Monitor key performance indicators such as application completion rates, campus visits, territory performance, FAFSA filer rate, percent of Pell eligible students, percent of First-Generation College going student and other appropriate enrollment analytics.
- Broader University Involvement
- Serve as member of the Senior Leadership team.
- Serve on University committees as assigned.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the President.
About Campbellsville University
Founded in 1906, Campbellsville University is a private Kentucky-based Christian institution dedicated to academic excellence solidly grounded in the liberal arts. The university, located in Campbellsville, and at regional sites in Kentucky, Los Angeles and Canada, fosters personal growth, integrity and professional preparation within a caring environment, preparing students as Christian servant leaders for life-long learning, continued scholarship and active participation in a diverse, global society.
Core values include fostering academic excellence through pre-professional certificates, associates, baccalaureate, masters and doctoral programs; providing an environment conducive for student success; upholding the dignity of all persons; valuing diverse perspectives within a Christ-centered community; and modeling servant leadership through effective stewardship.
Campbellsville University, ranked in U.S. News’ “America’s Best Colleges” Top 100 Regional Universities of the South, offers its 12,098 (Fall 2021) students more than 120 programs of study including Ph.D., Doctorate of Chiropractic, 31 master’s programs, as well as 12 certificate/endorsements. Additionally there are 57 fully online academic programs, including six associate’s, eight bachelor’s and 31 master’s degrees, as well as 12 certificates/endorsements. The faculty/student radio is 16:1. Most recently, Campbellsville University opened the first and only school of Chiropractic Medicine in Kentucky, which is located in Harrodsburg at the Conover Educational Center.
The University is home to a diverse student population with minorities and underrepresented students making up 12% of the domestic and 49% of the combined domestic and international populations representing 95 countries. U.S. News & World Report ranked Campbellsville University in the top 10 universities in the South for international education, having the largest proportions of international undergraduate students.
Dr. Joseph Hopkins was named President of Campbellsville University in February of 2022. Previously, he served as Dean of the Samford University (AL) School of the Arts, Dean of the Petrie School of Music at Converse College (SC), and Chair of the Department of Music at the University of Evansville (IN). He founded the Harlaxton International Chamber Music Festival and served on the faculty of the Operafestival di Roma (Rome, Italy). In addition, Dr. Hopkins holds degrees from Shorter College, Baylor University and Indiana University. He completed a diploma from the Institute for Management and Leadership in Education at Harvard University and was named a Fulbright Senior Specialist to Indonesia. He has presented and published with national and international arts and administration conferences.
Campbellsville boasts a vibrant and varied student life offering a wide variety of on-campus clubs and organizations. Many activities involve students, faculty and staff sharing togetherness that is unique to small Christian campuses. There is a strong emphasis upon religious life and activities, as well as academic clubs and organizations and professional organizations.
Athletically, Campbellsville’s 32 teams, known as the Tigers and Lady Tigers, compete in 18 NAIA – Mid-South Conference sports and have won a combined 21 national championships, including four in 2015. The university has a strong intramural program as well. In additional to athletics being an important part of the main Campbellsville campus, CU – Harrodsburg, known as the Pioneers, boasts 8 teams that compete in the Mideast region of the National Christian College Athletic Association, and 3 additional sports compete nationally.
Campbellsville University’s main campus is located one-half mile from downtown Campbellsville, 82 miles southwest of Lexington, and 80 miles southeast of Louisville. Additionally the university has off-campus centers throughout the Commonwealth in Louisville, Harrodsburg, Hodgenville, Casey County, Owensboro, and Somerset. In 2019, the University opened an education center in Los Angeles in a partnership with the Phillips Graduate Institute to offer a Master of Marriage and Family Therapy.
For more information about the University, visit https://www.campbellsville.edu
To view the Position Profile, go to: https://www.highereducationleadershipsearch.com/searches
To apply for this position, visit https://www.highereducationleadershipsearch.com/candidate-portal-form.
To nominate someone for this position, e-mail: email@example.com
Alan Medders, Ph.D. will be assisting the University with the search. If you have questions or would like to have a confidential conversation about the position, call 256-239-2305 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates for this position will be considered through May 20, 2022
To apply for this job please visit www.highereducationleadershipsearch.com.