Vice President for Academic Administration/Dean of the Faculty
Website Hannibal-LaGrange University
The Vice President for Academic Administration is responsible for planning and executing a comprehensive academic program in support of the educational mission of Hannibal-LaGrange University. In collaboration with the President, the Vice President provides oversight of registrar, associate academic dean, and all academic departments of the institution. This position is considered exempt and reports directly to the President of Hannibal-LaGrange University.
Essential Job Duties
- Integrates undergraduate, graduate, and specialty programs, including extension sites and all course modalities, into a unified academic program
- Formulates and enforces academic policies
- Provides collaborative and transparent leadership for academic strategic planning
- Assists in establishing University academic policies
- Serves on the Executive Cabinet of the University
- Provides leadership in acquiring and maintaining general and specialized accreditation for the University and selected programs. Assists in the development, management and administration of academic and academic support budgets
- Maintains academic assessment criteria and ensures continuous academic improvement
- Promotes research and scholarly activities among faculty
- Assists in the acquisition, development and retention of qualified faculty members and support personnel
- Advances the effective use of technology in all academic programs and across the university
- Monitor and control expenses for Academics, determining efficiency and adjusting to improve both efficiency and effectiveness of programs.
- May be asked to teach up to 3 credit hours per semester without additional compensation.
- Represents the University and the President upon request.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Committed active member of a Southern Baptist church.
- Earned doctorate.
- Ability to recruit, hire, and evaluate all faculty positions annually.
- Previous experience as a faculty member and academic administrator.
- Proven accessible leader and manager able to develop collaborative working relationships
- Effective oral and written communicator.
- Strong knowledge in the area of academic programs.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must have values consistent with the mission and purpose of Hannibal-LaGrange University.
- Must agree to sign off on, and abide by the standards of employment on the back of the application, and in the administrator and employee handbooks.
- Must affirm and sign Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Previous experience in position
- Previous experience in Christ-centered higher education
- Typical office environment. Moderate travel required.
* This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required. Hannibal-LaGrange University reserves the right to revise or change job duties, required skills or qualifications as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.