User & Engagement Services Specialist
Website Missouri Baptist University
I. Basic Function
Incorporating emerging technology, this position supports and enhances user access and engagement with resources and information. This position provides research services and guides users in identifying, retrieving, and evaluating information in all formats. This is a full-time position under the general direction of the Director of Library Services.
II. Responsibilities and Authority
Within the limits of authorized university policies, procedures, programs and budgets, the User & Engagement Services Specialist is responsible for and has authority to accomplish the following duties:
- Assist users and provide general and virtual research assistance to a diverse student body.
- Provide direct public service at front desk including policy explanation, complaint resolution, fine collection, and circulation of library materials in conformity with learning center policies and procedures.
- Develop, teach, and assess interactive, curriculum-integrated information literacy sessions campus-wide.
- Develop, maintain, and promote knowledge of research trends, emerging instructional technologies, and scholarly communication.
- Collaborate with librarians and university partners to integrate resources and services across the curriculum.
- Design exhibits, public programming, social media posts, and graphics to engage a diverse community.
- Locate, create, and integrate digital content such as tutorials, videos, podcasts, and infographics to support academic instruction.
- Explore, evaluate, and encourage deployment of emergent technologies into programs and services.
- Assist in writing, routinely evaluating, and explaining policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement new programming opportunities and outreach for first-year students, including transfer, international, and first-generation students.
- Lead efforts to publicize and market services, programs and resources to support research and instruction.
- Work in conjunction with University Communications to assure all social media accounts and promotional materials are within guidelines
- Explore strategies and technologies for integrating effective and sustainable online instruction practices into library services while supporting MBU’s course infrastructure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The User & Engagement Services Specialist reports to the Director of Library Services for the interpretation and execution of responsibilities.
IV. Performance Measurement Criteria
An annual performance review will be conducted by the Director of Library Services, including an assessment of the performance of all tasks related to the position based on a review of the job description and recent performance.
V. Minimum Requirements
Education and Experience
- Completion of a master’s degree in library science from an ALA-accredited institution, or equivalent.
- One to three years of experience working in an academic library.
- Experience providing research service in the digital and web environment.
- Experience teaching information literacy, including developing learning outcomes, activities, and assessment both in-person and online.
- Knowledge of current research and information sources in a broad range of disciplines.
- Ability to quickly learn technical procedures using documentation, training, and customer service support and provide understandable interpretations of procedures and policies.
- Commitment to customer service, with a successful track record of working with diverse student populations in a positive manner.
- Ability to interact in a professional and respectful manner with co-workers, MBU faculty, staff, and students.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Provide excellent customer service to patrons.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills.
- Must have personal testimony of faith in Jesus Christ. Must be a member of and participate in an evangelical Christian church.
- The employee must be willing to perform duties consistent with, and not contrary to, the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants can send inquiries or applications, consisting of cover letter, current resume, and statement of Christian faith, to Dr. Lydia Thebeau (Lydia.Thebeau@mobap.edu).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com