Public Services/Online Services Librarian
Website Shorter University
Under the supervision of The Director of Library Services, this position supervises Library Public Services at the Circulation Desk and the computers near the Circulation Desk; assists The Director of Library Services in the supervision of all Livingston Library student workers; and manages the archives. This position is also responsible for day to day maintenance of the library webpage; overall development of LibGuides; and serves as a liaison to designated departments/programs.
- Supervises Library Public Services at the Circulation desk and the computers near the circulation desk.
- Assists the Director of Library Services in supervising all Livingston Library student workers.
- Assist students and faculty in the use of the collection, databases, and other resources.
- Manages the Archives of the Livingston Library.
- Administrator and main developer of LibGuides. Updates and creates guides. Checks link checker and updates weblinks.
- Provide one-on-one instructional assistance to students/faculty on use of the internet, email, and other electronic resources.
- Record usage statistics daily and compile by month and annually for library reporting purposes.
- Maintain regular communication (via meetings and email) with assigned liaison departments/programs.
- Select and maintain reference and main library resources for areas assigned as liaison.
- Participate in the selection and maintenance of audio-visual equipment.
- Manages library’s Facebook account, publicize campus events.
- Creates online and instructional materials such as video tutorials and infographics.
- Technical contact for Galileo, TLC, and database vendors, communicate with them if technical or access issues.
- Reports updates and changes to university webmaster for Library webpages.
- Assists with gathering statistical data for reporting IPEDS and Taskstream.
- Share staffing responsibilities for weekends on a rotating basis as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Library Services.
Qualifications: MLS from an ALA accredited program. Excellent library, computer/software applications (Microsoft Word), and research skills. Self-starter that can combine their reference knowledge with creative and technological acuity to create excellent electronic resources for the Shorter University community. Must be customer-service oriented, as assisting students, faculty, and staff is one of the primary responsibilities of this position. Prefer experience with creation of instructional tools available through online access.
Individuals Supervised: Livingston Library student workers.
Apply for Public Services/Online Services Librarian using the link below:
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives through Christ
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.