Program Director, Master of Science in Physician Associate Studies
Website Oklahoma Baptist University
Supervision received: Dean
Supervision given: Program Faculty, Medical Director and Administrative Directors
The Program Director provides academic and strategic leadership for the Oklahoma (OBU) Master of Science program in Physician Associate Studies and serves to support and advocate for the goals and mission of the Program and University. The Program Director will lead, manage, and oversee all program functions, including curriculum
development, student instruction and progression, faculty performance evaluation and development, program assessment, and accreditation. The Program Director will promote and achieve program, faculty, and student goals and outcomes to demonstrate excellence and growth in academics, scholarship, and service. The Program Director will develop and maintain collaborative professional relationships with administrative departments,
accrediting bodies, and institutional and clinical partnerships. The Program Director will exhibit strong interpersonal and leadership skills, organization skills, faculty and staff management skills, and communication and collaboration skills in performance of all duties.
1. Master’s degree in Physician Associate Studies or equivalent, or terminal doctorate (i.e., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.Sc.) in a discipline appropriate for teaching responsibilities from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Eligible for senior faculty rank (Associate Professor or higher), with experience consistent with the OBU system for designated faculty rank.
3. Three or more years of full-time higher education experience within a PA program as principal faculty and/or as an administrative appointment within PA program leadership.
4. Applicable experience in leadership (PA program leadership experience and/or demonstrated successful leadership experience with the ARC-PA accreditation process are preferred)
5. Knowledge of legislative, regulatory, legal, and practice issues affecting clinical education, students, and the profession.
6. Two or more years of clinical practice experience as a PA.
7. Licensed, or eligible for licensure, as a Physician Associate in Oklahoma.
8. Current certification or Emeritus as a PA-C by the NCCPA.
9. Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels.
10. Must be a member of a local evangelical church.
*Evangelical is a broad term referring to a segment within Christianity which maintains the authority of the Bible and the belief in salvation by faith in Jesus alone.
**Please apply using the link for “Faculty Applications” by clicking the link below to direct you to our site.
For the complete job description, please contact HR@okbu.edu. The information in this job posting contains partial information and is not considered all-inclusive of the duties and responsibilities of this job.
OBU Benefits Summary:
OBU understands that our employees are our most valuable assets when it comes to fulfilling our mission. We strive to offer an extensive array of benefits and opportunities for employees to choose from. OBU contributes generously to the monthly premiums for nationwide family-friendly Health and Dental coverages and provides free life insurance with accidental death and dismemberment equal to an employee’s base salary. There is generous paid time off that includes annual granted vacation time, accrued sick leave, six annual holidays, and week-long breaks for Thanksgiving and Christmas. There are employer matching opportunities for retirement investments in two different 403(b)(9) plans administered by GuideStone and the Teachers Insurance Annuity Association/ College
Retirement Equity Fund (TIAA-CREF). OBU gives access to optional employee-paid ancillary benefits like vision, hospitalization, critical illness, accident, and additional family life insurance coverages. There are numerous other perks and opportunities like FREE family membership to the OBU Recreation and Wellness Center or RAWC, Global outreach university mission trips, education benefits at OBU and other institutions of higher education, cafeteria discounts, and parking privileges to name a few. For a complete list of current OBU employee benefits and opportunities, please visit our Employees Benefits page on our website.
Who We Are:
Oklahoma Baptist University (OBU) is a fully accredited Christian liberal arts university in Shawnee, 30 minutes east of Oklahoma City. Founded in 1910, the campus encompasses just under 300 beautiful acres and offers 80 areas of study. OBU transforms students’ lives by equipping them to pursue academic excellence, integrate faith with all areas of knowledge, engage a diverse world, and live worthy of the high calling of God in Christ. We achieve our mission through a shared commitment to the essentials of the Christian faith, our vision and mission, and active participation in local evangelical churches. OBU believes that all people must be treated with dignity and respect. Relationships are built on honesty, integrity, and trust. Finally, we believe that excellence is achieved through teamwork, leadership, and a strong work ethic. Come join us and work with a purpose, where faith is the heart of
To apply for this job please visit www.okbu.edu.