Professor of Music: Voice (Open-Rank, Tenure Track)
Website Ouachita Baptist University
The School of Performing Arts at Ouachita Baptist University invites applications for a tenure track appointment in Music, focusing on Applied Voice (Tenor, Baritone, or Bass preferred), to begin August 2024. The successful candidate will exhibit excellent teaching in the context of a liberal arts education; scholarly activity in the field; a collegial commitment to professional, university, departmental, and community service; and a Christian commitment consistent with the university’s vision, mission, and values.
Primary responsibilities will include teaching a diverse array of styles within the voice studio (including classical, commercial, musical theatre, and sacred/worship) and implementing a successful recruiting strategy for voice students. Additional responsibilities may be assigned according to the candidate’s strengths and the needs of the institution.
Rank and salary are dependent on qualifications and experience. A doctorate in music, along with evidence of
successful teaching and creative activity in vocal performance is essential.
- Submit a letter of interest, the Faculty Application for Employment, curriculum vitae, transcripts, and contact information for three references.
- Applications should also include a video (approximately 10 minutes each) of: 1) recent personal performance(s), and 2) a video of the applicant teaching an applied voice lesson.
- Please submit videos as YouTube links in written materials.
- Submit all materials as one PDF to Dr Maggie Garrett (email@example.com), Chair of the Voice Search Committee.
- Review of applications will begin November 27, 2023, and continue until the position is filled.
Consistent with our mission as a Christ-centered learning community, Ouachita Baptist University seeks to develop a diverse faculty for the benefit of our students and stakeholders. Ouachita is a Christian liberal arts university founded in 1886. Of its approximately 1,800 students, more than 1,500 undergraduates attend the university’s highly residential campus; the university also offers graduate and fully online degrees to serve students with a variety of educational programs. Ouachita’s beautiful 200-acre campus is situated on the Ouachita River, is minutes from DeGray Lake Resort State Park, and is in the foothills of the Ouachita National Forest.
To apply for this job please visit www.obu.edu.