POSITION: DIRECTOR OF Ed.D. PROGRAM IN EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP/ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
North Greenville University
The College of Education at North Greenville University seeks a Director of the Ed.D. program in Educational Leadership and Assistant Professor. This position is a full-time position (12 months) working for the College of Education at the Brashier Campus in Greer. This position will begin on June 1, 2020. The salary is negotiable. Candidates must have a Christian commitment and the ability to integrate the Christian faith with traditional coursework.
North Greenville University is a teaching university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Members of the NGU faculty are orthodox Christians who have a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ, are role models in their piety and ethics, maintain active membership in an evangelical congregation, and mentor students academically and spiritually. They are Christian scholars who reflect upon their discipline from the perspective of a biblical worldview and are expected to teach in accordance with, and not contrary to the university’s Statement on Human Flourishing. All employees of NGU are required to abstain from illegal drugs and beverage alcohol.
Director of Ed.D. Program:
- Assist the doctoral program in all duties from initial in-take interviews to the dissertation defense, including paperwork, scheduling, and monitoring progress while having overall supervisory responsibility of the program
- Organize written/oral comps; communicate/assess faculty; complete schedules; compile and keep needed paperwork; prepare annual assessments; ensure the quality of the library holdings and research resources
- Ensure the quality of work performed by the Ed.D. students in pursuance of the doctorate conforms to the level of quality expected at this level
- Other responsibilities assigned by the associate dean of the graduate program in the COE depend upon program needs and the applicant’s expertise.
- Plan and instruct courses in qualitative research, research methods, and educational leadership
- Serve on various dissertation committees as either chair, methodologist, or member
- Additional duties may be possible as qualified.
- Earned doctorate in the field of education with a research emphasis preferred
- Evidence of successful teaching and leadership in K12 or higher education
- Evidence of scholarly productivity in qualitative research and research methods
- Evidence of direct experience supervising doctoral (Ed.D. or Ph.D.) dissertations as either chair or methodologist
- Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations, and use a computer system.
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers and students.
- Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling, Write, type, and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems.
- Mobility: Move between departments in the COE and attend meetings across both campuses.
- Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Cognitive/Emotional: Ability to critically think and concentrate.
PREFERENCES FOR THE POSITION
- Preference is given to candidates with a robust qualitative research background in teaching and conducting/publishing studies.
- Preference is given to candidates with teaching experience in K12 teaching.
- Preference is given to those who published manuscripts, supervised individuals on research projects, authored grant proposals, and completed accreditation compliance and reporting.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience teaching graduate students effectively.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: This position is a full-time position in the College of Education. The position reports to the associate dean of graduate programs in the College of Education.
WORK SCHEDULE: The general university schedule is Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., and Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. Summer hours may vary. Office hours are subject to change as deemed necessary. Occasional work on Saturdays and evenings may be required.
Some travel will be required for recruiting, conferences, and etcetera as needed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. S/he will be required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties as requested by his or her supervisor.
APPLY: To be considered for this position, individuals must meet the Applicant Requirements criteria stated in the position post.