Marketing and Instructional Design Coordinator Position Number
Website Union University
Job Summary: This position is responsible for working with the McAfee School of Business to improve the quality and consistency of marketing and course content. This position will heavily focus on the media, including creating marketing content and videography work for courses, primarily online courses. This role will also ensure university standards are maintained. In the marketing role this position will work closely with the Office of University Communications. In the instructional design role will work closely with the Center for Faculty Development and Information Technology’s eLearning Success and Media Services team. The initial focus for instructional design work will be on the delivery of online courses in graduate business programs.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop and implement a marketing plan which is consistent with the McAfee School of Business and University Strategic Plan and Mission Statements.
- Support the product lineup (undergraduate, MBA, Master of Accountancy, and Graduate Certificates) awareness, interest, and support enrollment.
- Analyze the market and our competitors; develop recommendations to improve competitive positioning in target markets based on the findings.
- Advise/consult with the dean and Office of University Communications regarding marketing budget expenditure.
- Consult with the Office of University Communications team to ensure all practices are consistent with University design.
- Develop online and traditional promotion through Social media, search, video, website, and email/newsletter
- Collaborating with faculty to develop media tools such as syllabus, presentation slides, and video recording and editing.
- Create supporting material/media for online and face-to-face interactions.
- Manage student workers.
- Assist and train faculty in using technology, best practices, and course assessment to create engaging learning and compelling course content that enhances student knowledge retention.
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practices, and methods.
- Effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and work closely with instructors to meet instructional design needs.
- Ensure that all technology-based solutions are compliant with university policies and ADA requirements.
- Other duties as required
Graduation from an accredited college or university with an earned bachelor’s or master’s degree in a teaching or business related field. Candidates with another related degree may be considered. Demonstrated excellence in marketing and videography are required.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.uu.edu.