Laboratory Specialist – Instructional Staff in Department of Biology
Website Union University
Union University seeks a qualified individual for the full-time position of Laboratory Specialist – Instructional Staff in the Department of Biology to serve on the Hendersonville, TN campus.
Union University is a private, coeducational liberal arts-based university offering bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. The campus is located in Jackson, Tenn. (80 miles northeast of Memphis) with additional campuses in Germantown, Hendersonville, and Memphis, Tenn. Union University currently enrolls about 3,200 undergraduate and graduate students from 48 states and 15 countries. Union University stands as a national leader among colleges and universities in promoting a Christian worldview and a Christ-centered approach to education. Union is consistently ranked among the nation’s premier Christian universities and has been recognized as a top tier institution each year since 1997 by U.S. News & World Report, which also recognized Union at a national level for undergraduate teaching excellence.
- Teaching responsibilities may include undergraduate Gross Anatomy, Anatomy and Physiology, Pathophysiology, Survey of Microbiology, Biology for non-biology majors, and other courses as assigned. Some of these courses may be offered online.
- Work with other biology faculty and staff on projects as needed.
- Design and deliver class instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, the development of activities that support lesson objectives, and the development of critical thinking skills.
- Facilitate/guide the progress of students toward achievement of course and program outcomes.
- Plan clear course outcomes.
- Maintain regular office hours, in person or through electronic means, for student accessibility.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree, preferable in an appropriate biology-related discipline. Preference will be given to applicants with previous teaching experience, ideally at the college-level.
Successful candidates must be professing Christians who are active members of a local church, enthusiastically support Union University’s Identity, Mission, and Core Values, and articulate a Christian worldview in their work and life