Information Services Specialist
Website Missouri Baptist University
I. Basic Function
Incorporating emerging technology, this position supports and enhances user access to resources and information. This position is responsible for acquiring, processing, and maintaining all material orders and receipts for the Jung-Kellogg Learning Center, while also obtaining library resources not available at Missouri Baptist University through Interlibrary Loan services. Utilizes a variety of online, bibliographic databases (i.e. EBSCOhost, Nexis Uni, etc.), OCLC Worldshare Interlibrary Loan, and ArticleReach to process and monitor interlibrary loan requests to and from Jung-Kellogg Learning Center. This is a full-time position under the supervision of the Director of Library Services.
II. Responsibilities and Authority
Within the limits of authorized university policies, procedures, programs and budgets, the Information Services Assistant is responsible for and has authority to accomplish the following duties:
- Facilitates the ordering of materials purchased for the Learning Center by collaborating with the Director and faculty as well as through external sources required to identify the best resources.
- Conduct reconciliation, approval, and payment of invoices and coordinates collection purchases made on the departmental credit card.
- Manage budget accounts, keeping accurate records in ILS and other systems as needed to produce and communicate budget analyses as requested.
- Copy cataloging all formats following the national standards, using Library of Congress Classification, OCLC and Sierra. Edit MARC records when necessary.
- Process donated material and other gifts.
- Process and monitor article requests from MBU students, faculty and staff to obtain research materials from lending institutions throughout the U.S. and internationally.
- Employ software to view, compile, and report ILL borrowing and lending statistics. Monitor compliance with copyright regulations.
- Assist patrons with questions concerning submission, verification, retrieval, and delivery of interlibrary loan requests and materials.
- Support user access to information by providing circulation and reference services in person, by phone, or through email as needed.
- Commit to learning and deploying technologies as they emerge.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Information Services Assistant reports to the Director of Library Services for the interpretation and execution of responsibilities.
IV. Performance Measurement Criteria
An annual performance review will be conducted by the Director of Library Services, including an assessment of the performance of all tasks related to the position based on a review of the job description and recent performance.
V. Minimum Requirements
Education and Experience
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree and related public service experience, or previous library experience with at least one (1) year of automated library system, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- Demonstrate an expertise with advanced computer skills, electronic information resources, integrated library systems, and search systems.
- Knowledge of ILS (Sierra) and information technology as pertains to learning center policies and procedures.
- Ability to quickly learn technical procedures using documentation, training, and customer service support and provide understandable interpretations of procedures and policies.
- Expected to understand the transformation of delivery of library services through new technologies.
- Commitment to customer service, with a successful track record of working with diverse student populations in a positive manner.
- Ability to interact in a professional and respectful manner with library co-workers, MBU faculty, staff, and students.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Ability to resolve public concerns and difficulties related to the ILS with tact, courtesy, and good judgement.
- Provide excellent customer service to patrons.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to maximize use of Excel spreadsheets.
- Must have personal testimony of faith in Jesus Christ. Must be a member of and participate in an evangelical Christian church.
- The employee must be willing to perform duties consistent with, and not contrary to, the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants can send inquiries or applications (consisting of cover letter, current resume, and Christian statement of faith) to Dr. Lydia Thebeau, Lydia.Thebeau@mobap.edu.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com