Human Resource Coordinator
Website Shorter University
The Human Resource Coordinator aids with and facilitates the human resource processes of Shorter University. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function, including record-keeping, file maintenance, ADP Workforce Now entry and the Time and Attendance Administrator.
- All duties associated with advertising and posting of job openings to include creating online applications in ADP and posting on other sites.
- Relay application materials to appropriate person or committee.
- Process paperwork for all background and drug screenings for potential employees, graduate assistants, and volunteers.
- Create and maintain personnel files. Makes photocopies; mails, scans, and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Responsible for ensuring all necessary paperwork is completed for new employees, graduate assistants, and student workers.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Maintain updated spreadsheet and personnel file for Graduate Assistants.
- Assist with new hire orientations.
- Assist with Open Enrollment, Staff Handbook, Wellness, and Training activities.
- Submit Purchase Orders for department purchases.
- Reconcile invoices for department credit card.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Track and collect performance reviews.
- Backup to Payroll Coordinator.
- Worker’s Compensation.
- Interacts with students, faculty, staff via telephone, email, in person to provide excellent customer service.
- ADP Time and Attendance Administrator
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must be able to maintain an extremely high level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required. Some college preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
As an employee of Shorter University, you are expected to abide by the mission of Shorter University and the personal lifestyle statement.
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives through Christ
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.