Head Women’s Basketball Coach
Website Shorter University
Shorter University, an NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Gulf South Conference, is currently accepting applicants for the position of Head Women’s Basketball Coach. This position will be responsible for sport-specific coaching, Student-Athlete development, providing spiritual development for student-athletes, evaluating and recruiting prospective student-athletes, budget management, and overall administrative duties. This position will report to the Athletic Director. All activities shall be conducted within the policies and resource framework of the University, the Athletics Department, the Gulf South Conference, and the NCAA.
- Create an atmosphere that teaches student-athletes to honor God on and off of the basketball court.
- Lead, Guide, and Foster an atmosphere for spiritual growth that leads student-athletes into a close relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Develop student-athletes with counseling, advising, educating, and motivating
- Monitor, evaluate, and retain student-athletes
- Create team-building, spiritual, and character development activities with student-athletes
- Strives to consistently exhibit humility, grace, love, joy, peace, and spiritual maturity with all relationships at the University.
- Instruct and demonstrate different techniques and skills at meetings and practices
- Plan and conduct in-season and off-season practices and camps. Perform all game-day duties as needed. Maintain a disciplined and orderly team environment always ensuring the safety of the student-athlete.
- Scout opponents including film breakdown and scouting reports.
- Work with Strength and Conditioning staff to promote the health and development of the athletes.
- Identify and attract prospects to Shorter University
- Evaluate prospects through high school visits, at competitions, and/or home visits
- Recruit Division II eligible prospects from high school, junior college, and transfers.
- Manage budget, including equipment, travel, and other team expenses
- Hire, train, and evaluate the performance of assistant coaches
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the NCAA and the Gulf South Conference
- Create and Manage Season Schedule
- Bachelor’s degree and prior coaching experience at the collegiate level required.
- A person guided by Christian principles.
Apply today at the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=163a046e-9138-461f-9b4c-f9dbe77a4748&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=237332&lang=en_US&source=CC4
Shorter University is a Christ-centered university affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Convention and requires employees to be committed Christians.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.