Graphic Design Specialist
Website Union University
This position serves as the second design position for the university and is responsible for creating printed and digital promotional/marketing materials for various on-campus departments. This position also oversees the design, production, and ordering of all campus signage.
Essential Job Duties:
• Oversee the design and production of all campus sign requests.
• Work with the Director of Creative Services to supervise the student designer(s) position.
Assign and delegate tasks, provide direction, and ensure the quality of work.
• Meet with internal clients (university departments) to discuss marketing and promotional needs.
• Brainstorm with colleagues from various departments to generate ideas for special projects.
• Work with other Office of University Communications staff to develop design concepts, improve works in progress, and find additional creative ways to effectively tell the Union story.
• Conceive ideas, concepts, and campaigns.
• Create designs and layouts for print, web, on-screen, and other mediums. Provide proofs to internal clients for review.
• Provide desktop publishing for University publications (academic catalogues, applications, and forms).
• Stay current with design trends, and participate in professional organizations as production schedules allow.
• Coordinate relationships with printing and sign vendors and manage all printing contracts for services.
• Monitor production of print and sign projects to ensure proper and timely completion.
• Complete other duties as may be assigned by the Assistant Vice President for University Communications, Associate Vice President for University Communications, Vice President for Institutional Advancement, or University President.
~Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree and at least one year of professional design experience with a company, agency, publication, or institution.
~Capacity to work in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment; knowledge of the printing industry and ability to provide purchasing expertise for print and promotional materials; proven skills in working with colleagues and students; professional work habits; a team-oriented attitude; and a willingness to represent Union University to its constituencies in a professional and effective manner.
~Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is also required.
~Preference will be given to a candidate with a degree in design or digital media
To apply for this job please visit jobs.uu.edu.