Graduate Assistant, Sports Information
Website Shorter University
Shorter University Athletic Department, located in Rome, GA, is currently seeking applicants for a Sports Information Graduate Assistant position. Shorter is a proud member of the Gulf South Conference and sponsors 19 varsity sports that compete at the NCAA Division II level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Sports Information office and Game Day Operations efforts. This includes, but is not limited to, writing press releases, game recaps, and feature stories for assigned sports; while also assisting with event management and game operations/setup
- Serve as the primary contact for select Shorter University programs while aiding in the coverage of other in-season teams
- Conduct all aspects of pre-game, in-game, and post-game coverage for assigned contests
- Promote Shorter athletics through social media; including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Interact with local and national media outlets
- Keep in-game statistics with NCAA Livestats and PrestoSports scoring software and maintain historical records of assigned teams
- Produce game notes, previews and select publications
- Use of Sidearm Sports Software to update the athletics website
- Creative mind for gameday, score, career, etc. graphics
- Evening and weekend work are required
The position will start in August 2022. The program is designed to provide each participant with a holistic and valuable practical experience in athletic operations and administration at the collegiate level, specifically in the area of media relations/sports information.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and acceptance/enrollment in a graduate program at Shorter.
- GAs must make a minimum work commitment of 18 to 24 months to Shorter, depending on the master’s program and hours allowed each semester.
Experience using Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, NLS, PrestoSports stats, Production Truck, FloSports and website management applications through Sidearm.
Master’s Degree Options
MBA, MBA emphasis in Sports Management, or Master of Management. In exchange for hours worked for the team, the successful candidate will receive 30-33 hours of tuition remission for graduate courses only, subject to the Graduate Assistantship Guidelines of the University. If pre-requisite undergraduate courses are needed they must be covered by financial aid or applicant’s personal funds.
Apply for Graduate Assistant – Sports Information using the link below:
Shorter University is a Christ-centered university affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives through Christ
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.