Full-time Tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor of Finance/Economics
Website Louisiana Christian University
School: Ray and Dorothy Young School of Business
Begin Date: Fall 2022
Job Type: Full-time, Tenure-track
The Young School of Business at Louisiana Christian University (LCU) invites applicants for a tenure-track Assistant, or Associate Professor of Finance or Economics beginning Fall 2022. The ability to teach in multiple areas, particularly Economics, or Data Analytics, is a strong advantage.
LCU’s primary mission is teaching from a faith-informed perspective. The School seeks faculty who are active Christians whose biblical worldview guides their teaching and research. The School offers a Bachelor of Science in Business degree and is launching a new Master of Business Administration degree, pending SACSCOC approval. Courses are delivered in face-to-face, online, and hybrid formats. The School of Business is ACBSP accredited.
The position also requires that the faculty member be available for advising of students and have a willingness to serve on university committees. Faculty development through scholarship activities including travel and research is strongly encouraged, and annual funding is available through an endowment.
The successful candidate will acknowledge a life calling to liberal arts education at a Christ-Centered University with this mission: Louisiana Christian University is a Christ-centered community committed to Academic Excellence where Students are equipped for Lives of Learning, Leading, and Serving.
Louisiana Christian University is a private, Baptist, coeducational university of liberal arts and sciences with selected professional programs, located in Pineville, Louisiana. LCU was founded in 1906 and is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the Louisiana Baptist Convention. It has an enrollment of about 1,200 students and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Possess an earned PhD or DBA in Finance, Economics, or a closely related field, from a nationally or regionally accredited institution (ABD will be considered with a firm completion date no later than January 2024).
- Qualifications to teach Economics, or Data Analytics classes in addition to Finance courses is a significant advantage
- Demonstrated teaching excellence
- Commitment to production of scholarship in peer-reviewed publications.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A Christian commitment and the ability to integrate Christian faith into traditional coursework.
The candidate should demonstrate a Life calling to liberal arts education at a Christ-Centered
Degree Level: Doctorate
To apply for these positions, please submit:
- A cover letter
- Completed LCU Faculty application
- Completed LCU Christian Worldview statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable in initial phase)
- Three letters of recommendation (may be sent separately)
Inquiries and all submissions should be made to:
Dr. Cheryl D. Clark, Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs
Louisiana Christian University
1140 College Drive
LCU Box 567
Pineville, LA 71359
For additional information, please contact Dr. Kenny Holt, Dean of the Young School of Business at email@example.com
Louisiana Christian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is affiliated with the Louisiana Baptist Convention. All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of background screening checks.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org