Full-Time Faculty – Marketing
Website Dallas Baptist University
Title: Full-Time Faculty – Marketing
Supervisor: Senior Associate Dean of the College of Business
- Must be a Christian who is a member of a church that holds Jesus Christ to be their Lord and Savior, and who holds solely that the Old Testament and the New Testament are sacred Scriptures.
- Must be an active member of a local Baptist Church.
- For Teaching on the Undergraduate Level: Must have completed at least 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline and hold at least a master’s degree, or hold the minimum of a master’s degree with a major in the teaching discipline.
- For Teaching on the Graduate Level: Must hold a terminal degree, usually an earned doctorate, in the teaching discipline or a related discipline.
Faculty members are expected to be loyal to Dallas Baptist University and professional in the discharge of their duties. Although not all-encompassing, the following designates basic responsibilities and duties the faculty members should perform:
- A faculty member will fulfill the responsibilities and duties for which he/she is employed, in accordance with his/her twelve-month contract. During the term period of the contract, a full-time faculty member at Dallas Baptist University will not be permitted to teach or serve on the faculty of another academic institution or hold an additional permanent position away from the University.
- Faculty members are expected to reflect conduct which is Christian. High standards of professional conduct are expected of faculty members in their relations with colleagues, administrative officials, the Board of Trustees, students, and the public in general.
- It is one of the basic responsibilities of every DBU faculty member to spiritually mentor and care for students. Every faculty member, therefore, should see their role as a ministry to the student, challenging and encouraging them in their Christian walk.
- Faculty members are required to carefully and thoughtfully integrate the Christian faith into their subject matters. While this integration may look different in various disciplines, at the core of a DBU education is the belief that the message of the Gospel impacts and influences all aspects of life. As such, faculty members should model this conviction in their teaching.
- Dallas Baptist University places the highest priority on excellence in teaching in the classroom. Modeling for students a high regard for scholarship, the faculty member should evidence expertise in the discipline and in a variety of methods of instruction.
- Instructional techniques and policies employed by faculty members will be in accord with the purpose of DBU, as reflected in its mission statement and will be appropriate to the specific goals of the classes.
- Faculty members should not be romantically involved with current DBU students.
- Faculty members are to work with their deans and their department chairs in all matters related to their teaching assignments, and other duties, specifically those outlined for faculty in the COB Strategic Plan.
- It is the policy of Dallas Baptist University that no member of the University community may sexually harass another. Harassment on the basis of sex is a violation of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Title VII of the Civil Rights of 1964. Any faculty, staff, or student will be subject to disciplinary action for violation of this policy.
- Faculty members should be acquainted with the Academic Calendar for the academic year as published on Blackboard in the Center for Teaching Excellence. Work should be planned and conducted in conformity with this calendar.
- Each faculty member will develop appropriate course syllabi in Concourse located in Blackboard. Syllabi should be loaded 3 weeks prior to the start of the semester. Syllabi will be made available to students two weeks before the first class day. On the first day of class for the semester for a particular course, the syllabus should be reviewed.
- Full-time faculty members are expected to support all commencement services as outlined in the University policy. Participants are expected to appear in appropriate academic regalia and march in the procession. The President of the University is in charge of these exercises and works with the Commencement Committee and Provost. Commencement exercises are scheduled at the end of the spring and fall semesters and summer term.
- Each class period will provide a meaningful Christian setting for spiritual growth of both students and teacher primarily through faith integration but also through prayer and devotional time.
- Faculty members are required to meet classes at appointed times and for specified contact hours in assigned classrooms.
- No faculty member shall be absent from class or any other school responsibility without first conferring with the Dean of the College/ School or Program or his/her designee.
- A faculty member will notify the department chairperson as soon as possible if an emergency prevents a scheduled class from being met. If a professional meeting is the reason for a faculty member’s absence, acceptable arrangements for the class must be made.
- Responsible service on committees is an important role of the faculty member. All faculty members will be expected to serve on various committees. The Nominating Committee of the Faculty Council will appoint each full-time faculty member to one faculty committee.
- Each faculty member will participate annually in various forms of professional development sponsored by the University as well as engage individually as a scholar and member of learned societies.
- To provide students access to faculty, each full-time faculty member should post and consistently maintain at least ten (10) office hours each week. During special times such as academic advising and registration, additional hours should be planned as needed to meet student needs. If a student cannot make an appointment during posted hours, the faculty member should arrange a conference at a mutually accepted time.
- Effective advising and mentoring of students by faculty contribute significantly to student retention and program completion. Faculty members will be assigned advisees by the Dean, as appropriate, to provide effective mentoring and guidance for the students.
- Faculty will follow stated procedures and meet identified deadlines when carrying out requested reporting responsibilities such as grade reporting, Annual Reports, periodic student progress reports, attendance verification, accreditation reports, and other reports as designated by the President and Provost.
- All full-time and part-time faculty must use their DBU-issued email accounts. Personal email accounts should not be used to conduct university business under any circumstance.
- Faculty will attend all meetings of the Faculty Council. Any necessary absences should be approved by the Dean of the college.
- Marketing faculty will research and publish in their discipline in accordance with the accreditation standards of the College of Business.
- This is a 12-month contract position.
- This position will work on the main campus, located at 3000 Mountain Creek Parkway, Dallas, TX 75211.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org