Full-Time Campus Safety Officer (Second and Third Shift Position)
Website Shorter University
Shorter’s Campus Safety Officer performs safety, loss prevention, parking and traffic control duties within the University campus, conducts regular vehicular and foot patrols, responds to urgent/emergency situations as appropriate. The Campus Safety Officer enforces University parking and traffic regulations, provides directions and information, and renders assistance (including CPR and first aid) to students, faculty, staff and visitors to campus. The Campus Safety Officer is instrumental in crime and theft prevention through active security efforts which include, but are not limited to making office, classroom and dorm visits, providing safety and security as required, and having positive interaction with the students, faculty, and staff.
This is a second and third shift hourly position, working 40 hours per week. Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
SKILLS required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and utilizing computer software applications.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: codes, regulations and laws related to the rights of students; safety practices and procedures; and the physical signs indicating students are under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
ABILITY is required to write concise incident reports and daily activity reports; gather information and use basic job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances as well as the ability to work with a wide diversity of students. In working with others, ability to exercise good judgment and ability to work independently, if required. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; setting priorities; working as part of a team; working with constant interruptions.
- Assists community law enforcement personnel for the purpose of supporting them on student drug, alcohol or assault incidents.
- Communicates policies and enforcement procedures to students for the purpose of ensuring their understanding and the potential consequences of violation.
- Investigates potential crimes and/or student related incidents for the purpose of resolving conflicts and/or pursing other action.
- Monitors school facilities (i.e., buildings, parking lots, dorms, etc.) for the purpose of providing visibility, maintaining security, and deterring crime.
- Prepares documentation (e.g. incident and activity reports, parking permits, parking citations) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
- Responds to emergency situations (e.g., fights, injury, classroom disruptions, etc.) for the purpose of addressing safety concerns.
- Searches students, vehicles, dorm rooms, etc. for the purpose of ensuring safety of students, faculty and staff and referring to school administration and/or law enforcement as may be required (within the scope of written Departmental policies and procedures).
- Familiarity with and ability to implement Departmental Standard Operating Procedures, Emergency Operations Plan and evacuation procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Campus Safety Officer is to provide a visual security presence dedicated to providing a safe and secure campus for faculty, staff, students, and guests while at Shorter University. Officers conduct the following activities: investigations of criminal activity, identifying potential problems regarding the welfare, safety and security of students; maintaining safety on campus by enforcing disciplinary polices and regulations; communicating information and responding to inquiries.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; and ability to maintain balance (utilization of a Segway).
- Love God
- Love Students
- Serve Students
Apply for Full-Time Campus Safety using the link below: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=163a046e-9138-461f-9b4c-f9dbe77a4748&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=236577&lang=en_US&source=CC4
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives through Christ
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.