Financial Aid Advisor
Website Shorter University
The financial aid advisor has the primary responsibility of packaging financial aid for all incoming students, student athletes. Advisor communicates financial aid packages to students and their families and assists with any questions they might have. The financial aid advisor is responsible for creating PowerPoints for student orientations and is also the presenter at the events (Summit, Orientation Week and high school financial aid nights).
Job duties include:
- Import data from admissions to PowerFAIDS in order to create the files and download and import paperwork to complete student financial aid packages.
- Coordinate with admissions scholarship amounts for incoming students.
- Coordinate with athletic department scholarship amounts for athletes.
- Ensure financial aid awards for student athletes are in compliance with NAIA regulations.
- Evaluate student eligibility for federal and state aid programs.
- Process federal, state and institutional financial aid for all incoming students and athletes accurately and in a timely manner complying with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Counsel with parents and students as necessary to explain their financial aid package and options for paying the remaining balance on their bill.
- Works closely with on-line staff in order to package aid correctly for that program
- Assist administrative assistant with duties on an as needed basis • Supervise student workers in the financial aid office
- Ensure student are completing tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist with marketing of FAFSA Frenzy and other financial aid publicity drives
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and maintain attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality of student records
- Stay up-to-date on federal, state and institutional financial aid policies
- Ability to quickly and accurately learn and implement new processes
- Experience in PowerFAIDs and Jenzabar preferred
- Some travel will be required
Apply for Financial Aid Advisor using the link below:
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives Through Christ
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.