Faculty in Business – Management
Website Union University
Job Summary: The McAfee School of Business at Union University seeks qualified individuals for a tenure-track faculty position in Management for Fall 2023 (pending budgetary approval). Rank assignment commensurate with education/experience. This position includes a competitive salary and benefits package.
The McAfee School of Business is an AACSB accredited school with 21 faculty and staff. We house undergraduate, MBA, Master of Accountancy, and Graduate Certificate offerings. We have growing undergraduate enrollment and have grown graduate programs 70% in the last three years. We are one of nine AACSB accredited universities with an evangelical faith which is central to our mission. Growth is attributable to a combination of focusing on our mission to develop leaders to fulfill their purpose in Christ and society, high-quality existing programs, innovation in new offerings, and a great team of coworkers. A new building to house the McAfee School of Business is planned to open in Summer 2024.
Essential Job Duties:
- Leadership in teaching and management courses. Depending on candidates they could have teaching responsibilities in Organizational Behavior, Human Resources, Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Operations/ Supply Chain, or Data Analytics at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Teach a full-time course load with both undergraduate and graduate (MBA) classes. Willingness to use both traditional and online course delivery. Design and deliver class instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, the development of activities that support lesson objectives, and the development of activities to assist students in the development of critical thinking skills.
- Guide the progress of students toward achievement of course and program outcomes. Plan clear course outcomes. Assess records related to the evaluation of student outcomes and course grades. Advise students in academic scheduling.
- Make relevant and realistic course assignments.
- Maintain a commitment to scholarship and engage in intellectual inquiry to further the faculty member’s field of study.
- Maintain appropriate scholarship level and produce published research in peer-reviewed publications.
- Participate in professional organizations. Attend professional meetings, workshops, and/or conventions, as determined by Dean and Chair.
- Participate on university committees as assigned. Participate in program planning and serve on School of Business standing and ad hoc committees as designated by the Dean.
- Apply Christian standards and attitudes in relationships with faculty colleagues, staff, and students.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an earned terminal degree in Management or related field from an AACSB-accredited institution and a demonstrated successful record of teaching excellence and scholarship at the collegiate level. ABD candidates will be considered.
- Demonstrated evidence of quality teaching.
- Evidence of ability to produce high-quality scholarship, primarily in terms of quality peer-review journal articles and a robust research agenda or significant professional engagement activities.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.uu.edu.