Facilities Administrative Assistant, Part-Time
Website Shorter University
This position works under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Finance/CFO. It includes coordinating routine office duties, receiving and assigning/routing routine and emergency work requests from faculty, staff, and students. Also responsible for all paperwork relating to Facilities expenses and coordinating all invoices and purchase orders to accounts payable. This position works closely with the Facilities Manager of Advanced Facilities Services (AFS) concerning contacting certain outside contractors and vendors as requested. This position is expected to work independently and carry out duties and responsibilities without direct supervision.
Good communication and people skills, along with organizational skills. A good knowledge of computer programs such as Excel and Word.
· Managing the Help Desk system and forwarding requests to Facilities Director and maintenance staff. Receiving and maintaining records as to all completed and uncompleted work requests; providing a weekly report of numbers of completed and in process work requests.
· Keeping records of all financial expenditures on special projects, including generating purchase orders, and processing monthly invoices.
· Keeping records as to when preventive maintenance items need to be completed and when they were last completed.
· Keeping records of facilities inventory to submit annually to the Business Office upon request.
· Maintain records of insurance carried by outside contractors on file and send copies to Accounts Payable.
· Organizing and maintaining a list of contractors and contact information by specialty.
· Maintaining records for deferred maintenance.
· Process and submit payroll (through AFS) for facilities employees.
· Maintaining a variety of records, supplies, calendar, schedules, files, etc.
· This office acts as a home base for the entire facilities staff when information is needed to successfully complete projects and requests by coordination schedules of various involved parties.
· Other duties as assigned.
Application deadline: Until filled
Send letter of application, unofficial transcripts of all academic work, statement of faith, resume, and three current letters of reference to:
Human Resources, Shorter University, 315 Shorter Avenue, Rome, Georgia 30165
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.