Director of Spiritual Life
Website Williams Baptist University
Williams Baptist University seeks qualified applicants for the position of Director of Spiritual Life. This position is full-time and provides pastoral care for students as well as oversight to all campus ministry activities. The director designs and coordinates all the programmatic discipleship components of campus life: worship services, small groups, and sports chaplaincy.
Founded in 1941, Williams Baptist University is an evangelical Christian liberal arts university, accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). It is located in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas, and has an enrollment of more than 500 students. Owned and operated by the Arkansas Baptist State Convention, the University takes seriously its identity as a Christian institution in the Baptist tradition. We are committed to producing exceptional graduates prepared to competently engage local and global cultures through a Christ-centered worldview. We accomplish this by providing an excellent, holistically Christian, liberal arts education while compassionately shaping student lives. More information about the University’s history, mission, and vision can be reviewed at williamsbu.edu.
- Develops relationships with students from every walk of life.
- Faithfully communicates God’s Word in the various teaching opportunities he has on campus, whether preaching before the university community or teaching students in the classroom.
- Assists in classroom instruction when needed by the department of Christian ministries (no more than 3 hrs. a semester).
- The Director of Spiritual Life supervises assistants and student employees working in the campus ministry office.
- The Director of Spiritual Life will develop, implement, supervise, and lead in the areas of worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach/evangelism, with a primary focus upon students and a general focus for the university community.
- The Director of Spiritual Life regularly meets with and leads the student leadership council and oversees its ministry teams.
- The Director of Spiritual Life provides oversight and direction for the bands leading in worship throughout the week.
- The Director of Spiritual Life works with coaches, team chaplains, and student-athletes to ensure discipleship is taking place in the co-curricular activities of the school.
- Required: An MDiv or its equivalent
- Preferred: A Ph.D. or DMin is an asset for academic teaching
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills
- Strong and innovative leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially behind the pulpit
- Organizational efficiency and attention to detail; able to work quickly with high degree of accuracy; able to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively with students, parents, faculty, staff, and members of the community
- Ability to develop and implement strategic planning initiatives
- Collaborative work habits and ability to establish collegial relationships; able to participate actively in a team environment
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
Committed to the vision and mission of Williams Baptist University
Active membership in a church affiliated with the Arkansas Baptist State Convention
Applicants must be individuals of the highest Christian character, competent professionals, and servant leaders. Applicants should complete WBU’s online application at this link and then email a resume, statement of faith and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. A review of applicants will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com