Director of Residence Life and Student Engagement
Website Louisiana College
Louisiana College is seeking a dynamic, energetic candidate to serve as the Director of Residence Life and Student Engagement. The Director is a live-in master’s level professional who oversees the residential and community life on campus, plays an integral role in the formation of students, and sets the tone for student experience outside the classroom. The Director coordinates student social programs and activities and works with the Assistant Director of Residence Life, the Student Government Association, and the Union Board to offer activities and programming for student engagement. The Director manages the activities of the living-learning centers at Louisiana College to provide efficient service, comfortable accommodations, and an attractive environment for residential students. The Director of Residence Life and Student Engagement reports directly to the Associate Vice President for Student Engagement and Enrichment and ultimately to the Provost.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Foster the essential continuity of learning throughout the campus community with the concept that ideas presented in the classroom are relevant to daily life in the residence hall.
- Recommend, maintain, and enforce policies and procedures concerning all residence facilities at Louisiana College.
- Monitor student attitudes, behaviors, reactions, and needs; communicate this information to the appropriate members of the College community.
- Oversee the selection, training, and supervision of residence hall staff members.
- Coordinate Maintenance and Housekeeping functions in housing facilities.
- Supervise residence hall security and key control.
- Maintain safety standards and ensure emergency procedures are up-to-date and publicized.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement the summer conference schedule and housing.
- Communicate with the Business Office regarding damage assessments, rental payments, and budget requests.
- Maintain student records as well as housing records regarding assignment, retention, and attrition; make regular reports and projections on occupancy.
- Design, administer, evaluate, and supervise student social programs and activities to promote participation and quality of organizations.
- Serve as a resource for student program committees in the areas of program planning, production, publicity methods, and contract negotiations.
- Assist with determining fiscal requirements of the unit and prepare budgetary recommendations; monitor and reconcile expenditure of budgeted funds.
- Coordinate specific arrangements with external groups to campus.
- Perform personnel activities for student center workers such as hiring, firing, performance appraisals, scheduling, orientation and training, and general supervision.
- Assist in the leadership development of students through role-modeling and informal instruction.
- Coordinate the Ambassadors activities by recruiting, training, organizing, and scheduling their activities with off campus groups.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of First Year Experience to plan and host Freshmen Orientation and the FYE
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Master’s Degree in Student Development, Human Development, Education, Administration, or related field.
- Knowledge of higher education and experience in a public or private school of higher education.
- Experience in administration and in supervision of professional personnel preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Personal attributes of high caliber such as intelligence, integrity, dependability, initiative, sensitivity, and creativity, as determined by application, references, and interviews.
- Physical ability to move around equipment to set up for events.
This position requires the Director of Residence Life to reside in an on-campus apartment throughout the term of the appointment and must have the ability and willingness to assume shared responsibility for campus-wide, on-call duty nights and weekends and respond to crisis and emergency situations.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check
- Submission of original transcripts within two weeks of hire.
Must be a visible CHRISTIAN leader and give witness as a person who lives a life that honors the Lord Jesus Christ and is consonant with the Statement of Christian Standards of Louisiana College and the Baptist Faith and Message. Applicants should send an application, an application letter, resume or CV, transcripts, Christian Worldview, and three reference letters to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org