Director of Marketing and Communication
Website Campbellsville, Kentucky
About the Position
Campbellsville University invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of Marketing and Communication to begin January 2024.
The Director of Marketing and Communication reports directly to the Vice President for Enrollment and Management and serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet. This position will (a) lead and implement the organization’s marketing and communication strategies; (b) lead and sustain a robust communication model for enrollment management; (c) develop and execute marketing campaigns; (d) manage the organization’s website and social-media presence; (e) oversee all public relations efforts; (e) oversee broadcast services; (f) collaborate with other departments across the university system to ensure communication consistency; and (g) responsibly manage a team of marketing and communication professionals.
The successful candidate will possess a depth of experience in marketing and communication, and a track record of success including knowledge of SEO, strategic planning, branding, and development of marketing and communication plans. An exhibited understanding and readiness to contribute to the liberal arts mission of the institution is strongly desired. The ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies in a university environment should be evident.
· Graduate degree required, preferably in marketing, communication, or a related field
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience in administration
· Five (5) years of experience in marketing, communication, or related field
· Outstanding relational, communication, and organizational skills
· Project management and team leadership skills are essential
· Ability to cast vision, implement change, and modernize communication strategies
Other important characteristics include a strong work ethic, competitive nature, personal integrity, emotional intelligence, a sense of humor, and a vocational call to Christian higher education. Evidence of a commitment to lifelong learning and professional growth is also required. Candidates must possess an appreciation and commitment to working in Christian higher education. Candidates must demonstrate a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Employees of Campbellsville University must live lifestyles consistent with the University’s biblical standards of morality, temperance, stewardship, as well as membership and active participation in the faculty members’ local Christian church.
Marketing and Communication Strategies
· Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and communication strategy that aligns with the University’s goals and objectives, while staying true to its Christian mission and values
· Focus on continuous improvement to lead integrated marketing efforts that provide high quality, distinctive products, and consistently meets service expectations of the university community with effective expertise, counsel and skills, and ability to effectively prioritize competing priorities
· Manage the organization’s website and social media presence, ensuring all content is optimized for search engines and following SEO best practices
· Monitor and analyze market trends and adjust marketing and communication strategies as needed to ensure content and brand management is up-to-date and current with industry trends
Enrollment Management Communication
· Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop, and implement multi-channel enrollment marketing strategies and initiatives including digital/email, web and print formats
· Routinely track all marketing initiatives to ensure all initiatives are executed in accordance with critical enrollment timeline
· Work closely with the admissions staff, communications staff and other campus stakeholders to develop strategic positioning, content, and messaging for outreach initiatives to include automated, CRM-driven communication to prospective students and applicants
· Coordinate enrollment marketing messaging for all CU campuses & regional centers to ensure an integrated message for one Campbellsville University
· Research current enrollment marketing trends and explore the various opportunities to advertise and promote academic programs in certificate, undergraduate and graduate markets
· Under the direction of the Vice President of Enrollment Management, establish and sustain integrated working groups to advance the University and build CU’s reputation and brand familiarity across a diverse range of audiences. These groups should effectively create, implement and assess integrated marketing, content and campaign strategies, projects and initiatives
Marketing & Brand Management
· Coordinate with University leadership, including areas of enrollment, athletics, development and the President’s office, to shape traditional and digital marketing efforts to secure inquiries, applicants, and admitted students for all degree programs
· Work to ensure that Campbellsville University’s brand is effectively communicated to prospective students via electronic and print strategy, communication funnels, social media, and other channels
· Collaborate with faculty, administration and staff, students, and alumni to develop compelling, distinctive and relevant stories to illustrate and advance the University in target enrollment markets
· Oversee the development and execution of marketing campaigns across multiple channels, including the optimization of campaigns for search engines
· Develop presentations and materials for board meetings and executive meetings
· Oversee all public relations efforts, including media relations and crisis management
· Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including media, partners, and clients
· Establish network of professional contacts that can be leveraged as needed
· Oversee staffing and leadership development of team members
· Demonstrate strengths managing interpersonal communication in a team environment
· Provide leadership during the hiring, training, development, annual evaluation, and on-going supervision of employees, maximizing the full potential of each team member by building upon strengths and professional growth
· Manage operating budget for marketing and communication
· Demonstrate ability to plan strategically and analyze effectively with budgeting, financial, and business acumen
· Partner with the Senior Leadership team and their administrative departments to meet marketing and communication needs
Broader University Involvement
· Serve as member of the President’s Cabinet and the University’s Administrative Council
· Serve on University committees as assigned
· Serve as an advocate in the community building relationships with civic leadership, religious organizations, business and corporate partnerships, and other leaders
· Treat members of the campus community with fairness, dignity, and respect – seeking a spirit of unity and harmony to achieve a common mission
· Fulfill other duties as assigned by the VPEM
Salary is commensurate with education and experience
To view the position profile, go to https://www.highereducationleadershipsearch.com/searches
To apply for this position, visit https://www.highereducationleadershipsearch.com/candidate-portal-form.
To nominate someone for this position, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Medders, Ph.D. will be assisting the Campbellsville University with the search. If you have questions or would like to have a confidential conversation about the position, call 256-239-2305 or e-mail email@example.com.
Candidates for this position will be considered through October 13, 2023
About Campbellsville University:
Founded in 1906, Campbellsville University is a private Kentucky-based Christian institution dedicated to academic excellence solidly grounded in the liberal arts. The University, located in Campbellsville, fosters personal growth, integrity and professional preparation within a caring environment, preparing students as Christian servant leaders for life-long learning, continued scholarship, and active participation in a diverse, global society.
Core values include fostering academic excellence through pre-professional certificates, associates, baccalaureate, masters and doctoral programs; providing an environment conducive for student success; upholding the dignity of all persons; valuing diverse perspectives within a Christ-centered community; and modeling servant leadership through effective stewardship.
Campbellsville University, which has been ranked in U.S. News’ “America’s Best Colleges” for 26 consecutive years, offers its 9,769 (Fall 2023) students more than 120 programs of study including Ph.D., 47 master’s degrees, six postgraduate areas and seven pre-professional programs. Additionally there are 57 fully online academic programs, including six associate’s, eight bachelor’s and 31 master’s degrees, as well as 12 certificates/endorsements. The faculty/student radio is 14:1. Most recently, Campbellsville University opened the first and only school of Chiropractic Medicine in Kentucky, which is located in Harrodsburg at the Conover Educational Center.
The University is home to one of the most diverse student populations in Kentucky, as more than 20 percent of students identify as members of minorities or underrepresented population groups from nearly 50 countries. U.S. News & World Report ranked Campbellsville University in the top 10 universities in the South for international education, having the largest proportions of international undergraduate students.
Athletically Campbellsville’s 28 teams, known as the Tigers and Lady Tigers, compete in 18 NAIA – Mid-South Conference sports, winning 69 regular season and 42 conference champions as well as 21 individual and team national championships, including four in 2021-22. The University has a strong intramural program as well.
In additional to athletics being an important part of the Campbellsville campus, CU–Harrodsburg, known as the Pioneers, boasts eight teams that compete in the Midwest region of the National Christian College Athletic Association. The Pioneers have won one team national championship in 2021-22, and three additional sports compete nationally.
Campbellsville University’s Campbellsville campus is located one-half mile from downtown Campbellsville, 82 miles southwest of Lexington, and 80 miles southeast of Louisville. Additionally the University has off-campus centers throughout the Commonwealth in Louisville, Harrodsburg, Hodgenville, Owensboro, Somerset and Windsor-Ontario. In 2019, the University opened an education center in Los Angeles in a partnership with the Phillips Graduate Institute to offer a Master of Marriage and Family Therapy.
To apply for this job please visit www.highereducationleadershipsearch.com.