Director of Library Services
Website Louisiana Christian University
Louisiana Christian University is seeking a dynamic is responsible for the oversight and direction of all library operations. The Director of the Library Services supervises a staff of professional librarians, paraprofessional and clerical personnel in selecting, acquiring, and classifying books, journals, and other materials relating to the university curriculum. The Director, along with the Library staff, also guides and assists students and faculty in the use of those materials. The Director of the Library works closely with the teaching faculty in building a collection characterized by academic strength and maximum usefulness in achieving the goals of the institution. The Director reports to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and serves as a liaison between the library and administration, faculty, staff, students, and community. This is a 12-month administrative position with (non-tenure track) faculty status. The appointment begins as soon as the position is filled.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Leads the library’s information literacy program and participates in instruction activities, including workshops, in-class presentations, virtual research assistance, consultations, etc.
• Manages the library’s digital resources, including electronic resource subscriptions, the library website, digital repository, ILS, etc.
• Supervises and directs library staff, including conducting regular performance evaluations.
• Coordinates the development of the library’s collections, including special collections.
• Oversees the development and implementation of the library’s budget.
• Promotes and markets the library to its constituents.
• Assesses library resources, services, and spaces for effectiveness and improvement.
• Assists the institution with research for grants, new programs, and other initiatives.
• Assists with teaching freshman orientation and remediation courses if needed.
• Represents the University in local, state, regional, and national library organizations.
• An ALA-accredited master’s degree in library science (MLS/MLIS), but will consider a candidate who nearing completion of the degree.
• Managerial experience in academic libraries with increasing responsibility.
• An additional advanced degree.
• Successful research experience for grants and other institutional initiatives.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate an active Christian faith and a calling to engage in a “Christ-centered community committed to Academic Excellence where students are equipped for Lives of Learning, Leading, and Serving.”
Louisiana Christian University is a private, Baptist, coeducational college of liberal arts and sciences with selected professional programs, located in Pineville, Louisiana. The University was founded in 1906 and is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the Louisiana Baptist Convention. It has an enrollment of about 1,200 students and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match, and LCU tuition benefits are available for employees and their dependents.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applications will not be considered until all materials have been received.
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following:
1. A Cover Letter
2. LCU Faculty Application
3. LCU Christian Worldview Form
4. Curriculum Vitae and/or Resume
5. Undergraduate and graduate transcripts (unofficial acceptable for application)
6. Three letters of recommendation (may be sent separately)
Inquiries and all submissions should be made to:
Dr. Cheryl D. Clark, Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs
Louisiana Christian University
1140 College Drive
P. O. Box 567
Pineville, LA 71359
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org