Director of Institutional Research
Website Louisiana College
Louisiana College is seeking applicants for the Director of Institutional Research position. The Director of Institutional Research provides leadership related to the collection, interpretation, and use of institutional data for planning and decision making and supports college decision making through research, data analysis and clear communication of results. The Director works closely with faculty, staff, and administrators throughout the college to determine data needs, prepare and present reports, and provide data to support strategic initiatives. The Director of Institutional Research researches, generates, and submits data mandated by state, federal, local, and other external agencies to maintain accreditation, compliance, and ranking status across various entities. He or she also provides statistical, informational, and administrative support to the various departments of the College and prepares an annual Fact Book detailing enrollment, registration, departmental data, and other relevant institutional data across the campus for each academic year. Internal requests for data are synthesized and issued in compliance with Federal (FERPA) Law. The Director of Institutional Research also works in collaboration with the Director of Institutional Effectiveness to provide data-based analysis for accrediting bodies and key institutional decision makers. He or she will assist the Director of Institutional Effectiveness with the maintenance and training of IR software and resources.
State, Federal, and other external agencies to which data is released and for which the Director is responsible include the following:
- Common Data Set
- College Board Survey
- Peterson’s Survey
- US News Survey
- Wintergreen Orchard House
- Princeton Survey
- Military Friendly Survey
- American Council on Education
- Solomon Reporting
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated innovative analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a support team both within and beyond the office
- Ability to collaborate effectively with various departments and constituencies.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience with confidentiality of records and information and handling sensitive matters with judgment, tact, and diplomacy
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities and manage time effectively in a busy environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment.
- Ability to create, present, and visualize dynamic reports and data sets to support timely decision making
- Ability to produce tables, graphs, dashboards, and narrative analysis of data using statistical and other reporting software to easily display and summarize results to identify both institutional and environmental strengths, challenges, trends, and opportunities that will assist in strategic assessment and evaluation
- Experience with statistical and database application software and programming techniques (Access, Excel, Microsoft Power BI, MS SQL Server, SAS and/or SPSS)
Required: Bachelor’s degree in education, computer science, statistical analysis or related field with upper division coursework in statistical and research techniques and database querying skills using SQL
- Advanced organizational skills with statistical, word processing, and spreadsheet software knowledge
- Experience working with a variety of SQL database platforms
Preferred: Master’s degree in related field and five years of experience in research and statistical analysis
- Experience in higher education, academic records, and computer databases
- Jenzabar EX experience preferred.
Louisiana College is a private, Baptist, coeducational college of liberal arts and sciences with selected professional programs, located in Pineville, Louisiana. The College was founded in 1906 and is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the Louisiana Baptist Convention. It has an enrollment of about 1,200 students and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Must be a visible CHRISTIAN leader and give witness as a person who lives a life that honors the Lord Jesus Christ and is consonant with the Statement of Christian Standards of Louisiana College and the Baptist Faith.
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter
- LC staff application
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts
Inquiries and all submissions should be made to:
Dr. Cheryl D. Clark, Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs
1140 College Drive, P. O. Box 567
Pineville, LA 71359
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com