Director of Human Resources
Website Missouri Baptist University
The Director of Human Resources provides leadership and guidance for the University and its employees regarding human resource matters by managing a comprehensive human resource program including benefits administration, employment relations, orientation and training, Title IX, compliance to state and federal employment law requirements, health and wellness promotion, employee recognition, performance management and job evaluation, human resource information systems and records management. The Human Resource Director supports and promotes the distinctively Christian mission of Missouri Baptist University.
Essential Job Functions:
· Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies and procedures that outline expectations, bolsters organizational culture, promotes the University’s mission and maintains compliance with all government regulations.
· Provide partnership and guidance with recruitment and hiring efforts.
· Ensure that applicants, employees, and University administrators receive excellent customer service in all interactions pertaining to human resources matters.
· Recommend new or modified, systems, policies and procedures to University administrators that empowers employees and promotes MBU’s mission.
· Plan and oversee new employee orientation and onboarding, providing employees with information about MBU policies and processes that foster employee integration into University culture.
· Develop and implement appropriate staff development and training programs and conduct training sessions or work with third-party providers as necessary.
· Assist University administrators with resolution of disputes, disciplinary procedures, exit interviews and termination of employees.
· Serve as the primary point of contact with the University’s legal counsel pertaining to human resource matters.
· Serve as the University’s Title IX coordinator.
· Develop, promote and implement employee recognition and wellness opportunities.
· Ensure accurate, complete and secure record-keeping while maintaining compliance with federal and state requirements for confidentiality.
· Serve as an advocate for employees by listening and becoming aware of employee needs and concerns, sharing this information, when appropriate, with University leaders.
· Work closely with the Vice President for Business Affairs and the payroll and benefits staff to administer a comprehensive employee benefit program. Seek to obtain the greatest employee benefit at the best value for the University and ensure periodic vendor reviews as required by law and in the best interest of the institution.
· Advise and assist administrators and staff in the development and maintenance of accurate and legally appropriate job descriptions for new and revised positions.
· Coach and consult with senior leaders and supervisors on a broad range of human resource areas from workforce planning, performance management, employee relations, leadership development, etc.
· Develop, lead and mentor competent, productive and effective support staff.
· Remain competent and current on best Human Resources practices and employment legal and regulatory compliance through self-directed and other professional development opportunities.
· Prepare personnel reports and data collection and analysis as required by the University and outside agencies.
· Serve on the Administrative Council as well as other University Committees by appointment.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge of human resources management policies and procedures, state and federal employment law, personnel administration, interviewing and investigative techniques, business communications, and supervisory principles and practices.
· Possess knowledge of employment and wage/hour law and proper implementation and enforcement of each.
· Possess excellent interpersonal skills as well as the ability to coach, consult and communicate effectively and professionally in a variety of situations.
· Demonstrate good judgement in decision making with ability to think critically and apply creative and reasonable solutions.
· Able to organize and conduct several projects simultaneously.
· Demonstrated ability to work well with people, to work cooperatively and collaboratively with University faculty, staff, administrators and students.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Teams, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and standard human resource and project management technology.
· Ability to lead, plan, and implement innovative programs at a comprehensive university.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business/Public Administration. A master’s degree in human resource management is preferred.
· Minimum 4 years’ experience in Human Resources Management.
· Preference will be given to candidates with SHRM and or other Human Resource certifications.
· Preference will be given to candidates with a background working at a higher education institution and who possess knowledge of Title IX protocols.
· A testimony of personal faith in Jesus Christ, active participation in a local church and a commitment to support the University’s Statement of Faith.
· The Director of Human Resources is directly accountable to the Vice President for Business Affairs for the interpretation and fulfillment of the specific and general responsibilities for the position.
· The Director of Human Resources works with payroll and benefits employees to facilitate a comprehensive benefits program.
· The Director of Human Resources works closely with a variety of University administrators to support and advise on issues and challenges facing the organization.
· An annual performance review is conducted by the Vice President for Business Affairs. This review will include an assessment of the degree to which annual objectives have been accomplished, an analysis of the Director of Human Resources strengths and weaknesses based on review of the position description and performance and his/her proposed professional development.
· Salary commensurate with experience.
· Regular full-time salary and benefits package.
Confidential nominations, recommendations, or expressions of interest in the position may be directed to:
Janet Mayfield, Assistant to the President: Janet.Mayfield@mobap.edu
- Cover letter summarizing your qualifications
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Three to five professional references
- Statement of Faith
- The statement of faith should clearly explain your view of scripture, salvation, and church affiliation. It should also explain how faith influences your personal and professional life, contributes to your interest in MBU, and prepares you to follow MBU’s vision, mission and core values.
To apply for this job email your details to Janet.Mayfield@mobap.edu