Director of Field Education
Website Missouri Baptist University
Missouri Baptist University invites applications for a Director of Field Education position in the Master of Social Work (MSW) program.
The Director of Field Education has overall administrative responsibility for planning, organizing, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating the MSW field instruction component of the MSW Program. This includes community engagement, relationship building, recruiting and developing new field placement sites, student placement evaluation and the administration and delivery of field orientation and training for students and field instructors.
The Director of Field is responsible for:
- Developing, evaluating, updating and implementing policies and procedures for field education.
- Developing relationships with community partners.
- Coordination and placement of all MSW students entering field education including orientation, evaluating student interest and educational needs, and making placement decisions.
- Providing consultation and mediation as necessary to students and field instructors.
- Developing, maintaining, monitoring and evaluating field placement sites.
- Planning, organizing and conducting field education orientation and training for faculty, students and agency staff related to Field education.
- Evaluating student learning experiences, progress and outcomes.
- Maintaining regular communication with Program Director, faculty, staff, students and community partners.
- Ensuring compliance with all CSWE Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards regarding Field education.
- The Field Director may teach graduate social work courses and is expected to provide related services to the MSW Program and University. Additional faculty responsibilities include curriculum and program development, events planning, and committee service.
- Candidates must hold a master’s degree in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited institution.
- Candidates must have a minimum of two years post masters social work practice experience.
- Candidates must have experience in program development and administration.
- Candidates must have knowledge of St. Louis area social service systems and agencies.
- Candidates must embrace a student-centered approach and have a strong passion for serving students, and a commitment to an experiential learning philosophy.
- Candidates must have strong engagement, relationship building, communication/public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must be detail oriented, self-motivated, and have strong skills in data organization and management.
- Experience with teaching is preferred.
This is a full time position with benefits.
Please prepare a cover letter, current vita and statement of faith in keeping with the evangelical mission of Missouri Baptist University and the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 (http://www.sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp). Please also include the name of the church you currently attend.
Please email all application materials to:
Dr. Nikki Johnson
Director of the Master of Social Work Program
Missouri Baptist University
One College Park Drive
St. Louis, MO 63141
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com