Director of Field Education and Assistant or Associate Professor of Social Work.
Website Hardin-Simmons University
The Department of Social Work in the Cynthia Ann Parker College of Liberal Arts at Hardin-Simmons University (Abilene, Texas) is seeking a Director of Field Education and Assistant or Associate Professor of Social Work.
The candidate’s primary academic field should be Social Work. A strong commitment to teaching, service, and scholarly work is expected. The department has a long-standing major in Social Work, along with a major track in Social Work and Psychology, and a new major track in Social Work Administration. The standard full-time teaching load is three, 3-credit classes each Fall and Spring semesters, along with the administrative responsibilities in the oversight of field education student internships.
A doctoral degree in Social Work is preferred; a completed master’s degree in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program plus two years of post-graduate social work experience are required. Teaching experience and having a social work licensure is preferred but not required.
A successful applicant must also be able to:
- Teach several different courses in Social Work, including introductory courses, Human Behavior in the Social Environment, Practice, and varied elective courses in modern social work focus.
- Teach in a variety of formats, with a preference for face-to-face.
- Provide academic advising and mentoring of students.
- Be willing to serve both the university and the community.
- Participate in recruitment activities for the Social Work program as well as the university.
- Profess a Christian faith and maintain membership in a local congregation.
Initial review of applications will begin in November 2023 and will continue until the position is filled. Anticipated start date is either January or August 2024.
To apply for this job please visit hsutx.csod.com.