Director for Creative Services
Website Union University
This position is responsible for supervising a two-person department focused on graphic design services for the university community. This position also is responsible for production management of project bids from printers and other vendors, including digital vendors.
Essential Job Duties:
• Meet or exceed the high standard of excellence associated with Union University publications.
• Design or oversee the design of all submitted printing projects, including instructional, promotional, and marketing materials. Conceive ideas, concepts, approaches, and campaigns.
• Serve with other Office of University Communications staff to meet the needs of campus clients (university departments) with projects, from concept to completion, giving special attention to the needs of the Office of the President, Institutional Advancement, and the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts for presentation to and review by internal clients.
• Lead the effort to maintain Union University’s visual identity, evaluating projects for compliance and updating the Branding Style Guide to ensure proper branding of the university.
• Stay current with design trends, and participate in professional organizations as production schedules allow.
• Coordinate relationships with printing and digital vendors and manage all printing contracts for service. Design or oversee the design of all submitted printing projects.
• Solicit, collect and evaluate printing and digital project bids, and make strong recommendations based on quality and price.
• Supervise the Graphic Design Specialist position in Creative Services, working closely and cooperatively to produce quality work on deadline.
• Perform press checks on any projects requiring extra quality control.
• Manage the design work of freelancers, part-time Union personnel and student workers.
• Provide design support as needed to the Web Development Agent.
• Complete other duties as may be assigned by the Associate Vice President for University Communications and Vice President for Institutional Advancement or University President.
~Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree, preferably in design , and at least five years of successful design and marketing experience with a company, agency, publication or institution; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
~Capacity to work in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment; knowledge of the printing industry and ability to provide purchasing expertise for print, digital and promotional materials; proven skills in working with colleagues and students; professional work habits; a team-oriented attitude; and a willingness to represent Union University to its constituencies in a professional and effective manner.
~Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat). Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
To apply for this job please visit jobs.uu.edu.