Dean of the School of Education
Website Louisiana Christian University
Louisiana Christian University invites nominations and applications of candidates for the position of Dean of the School of Education. Reporting to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Dean of the School of Education works collaboratively with academic colleagues to ensure the quality of all academic offerings of the University. The Dean must demonstrate a commitment to Christian faith and serve as a leader for integrating faith and learning. The Dean facilitates communication and initiatives for the School and fosters excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service while promoting a highly productive and collegial work environment. As a leader, the Dean will be charged with helping to articulate and implement a shared vision for the School that will support the University’s commitment to teaching excellence and articulate its mission to provide rigorous education, high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs in the liberal arts and in professional/pre-professional preparation, and integrative real-world experiences, both local and global, for all students.
The Dean oversees the strategic governance of the School—communicating the School’s priorities to senior administrative officers; supervising program assessment, evaluation, and accreditation processes; balancing and addressing the needs of all departments within the School; and serving as an active member of the Academic Council and Graduate Council, as well as on other key committees and task groups. The Dean assists with recruiting and mentoring the faculty and staff, manages the budget, and oversees the resources, facilities, equipment, and initiatives that support a dynamic classroom, research, and educational experience for students.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required for a collaborative approach for building relationships within the University campus and with external community stakeholders. Responsibilities include promoting and maintaining effective communications between the academic community, developing and maintaining strong relationships and partnerships with school district personnel and advisory councils, managing external funds, fostering alumni relations, supporting campus diversity efforts, and partnering with institutional colleagues on fundraising and grant writing initiatives.
A high level of engagement in professional activities and associations at the regional and national level is expected of the Dean who serves as the chief ambassador for the education degree programs for Louisiana Christian University. The Dean will also be involved in teaching and scholarship in line with her/his academic interests and will participate in continuing education programs to increase knowledge and skills. Providing an excellent education to students in a rigorous yet supportive environment is essential to the success of the Dean of the School of Education. Twelve-month faculty position; rank and salary commensurate with qualifications. Review of applications/nominations will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Appointment date to begin as soon as a successful candidate is selected.
- Prepares annual budget requests
- Supervises the teacher education programs, TEACH, MAT, MED
- Represents the school to the university community and external constituencies
- Oversees and ensures continuation of national and state accreditations for the school
- Oversees and ensures factual and timely reports for national and state accreditation
- Leads in the establishment of partnerships with local, regional, state, and national partners in education
- Supervises, develops, and directs education faculty and staff, including participating in recruitment, hiring, and performance planning and review
- Provides direction for innovative and integrated curriculum development
- Seeks opportunities to communicate the mission, goals, and availability of the school throughout the region
- Utilizes an overall personnel management style that is characterized by openness, honesty, and integrity
- Knows and complies with all system and university policies, regulations, rules, procedures, guidelines, and directives in a timely manner
Applicants must hold a doctoral degree from an accredited institution in education, or a related field appropriate to the duties of the position.
Additional required qualifications include the following:
- Distinguished career in education, and/or research;
- Demonstrated leadership, administrative, and supervisory experience;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Unwavering commitment to inclusiveness and collegiality;
- Experience in building and sustaining external relationships with local and state schools;
- Record of accomplishment in teaching, scholarship, and service;
- Familiarity with traditional on-campus undergraduate programs, post-baccalaureate accelerated/hybrid programs, and online teaching modalities;
- Experience in curriculum development and assessment, including online course delivery, engaged learning, and use of instructional technology;
- Knowledge of program accreditation and faculty governance;
- Active engagement in professional associations;
- Experience with grant writing;
- Effective management of fiscal resources, strategic planning, and program development;
- Vision for integrating new and emerging technology, including the use of social media, to achieve strategic instructional, marketing, and communication objectives.
Teaching experience in a baccalaureate and graduate degree education program and experience in education administration.
Louisiana Christian University is a private, Baptist, coeducational university of liberal arts and sciences with selected professional programs, located in Pineville, Louisiana. The University was founded in 1906 and is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the Louisiana Baptist Convention. It has an enrollment of about 1,200 students and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Must be a visible CHRISTIAN leader and give witness as a person who lives a life that honors the Lord Jesus Christ and is consonant with the Statement of Christian Standards of Louisiana College and the Baptist Faith.
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following:
- A cover letter
- LCU faculty application
- LCU Christian Worldview Statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
Inquiries and all submissions should be made to:
Dr. Cheryl D. Clark
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Louisiana Christian University
1140 College Drive, P. O. Box 567
Pineville, LA 71359
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com