Dean for the McLane College of Business
Website University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor welcomes inquiries, nominations, and applications for the position of
Dean, McLane College of Business, available on or after June 1, 2024. The Dean of the McLane College
of Business will work collaboratively with the Associate Dean to provide leadership to 23 full time faculty
and staff. Over 550 students are currently pursuing one of 11 undergraduate majors and 4 graduate
degrees in the McLane College of Business.
The Dean will lead the McLane College of Business to support the University’s mission to prepare students
for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society. The Dean will have the
opportunity to impact the College through curriculum development; internship and other program
advancement; budgeting; accreditation; resource development; assessment and evaluation; continuous
quality improvement; and the recruitment and retention of faculty, staff, and students.
UMHB deans teach up to two courses per year, serve under a 12-month contract, and report to the Provost
& Senior VP for Academic Affairs.
The successful candidate should be a:
• Communicative leader who can articulate a compelling vision for the College and build relationships within the College, across the University, and with business and community leaders in the region;
• Collaborative leader who can participate in the overall mission and direction for the University;
• Strategic leader, willing to embrace and promote innovative ideas and diverse modes of course delivery as the College grows in numbers of students and programs;
• Visionary leader who can guide the McLane College of Business as it considers accreditation options and develops college distinctives;
• Global leader who can further the College’s commitment to global engagement;
• Active leader who will develop initiatives which contribute to College and University goals and engage with the larger central Texas community; and a
• Christian leader who can apply their personal commitment to Christ to further the Christian mission of the McLane College of Business and the University.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
• Terminal degree in a business-related discipline from an accredited institution; Candidates with a Master’s degree in a business-related discipline and exceptional executive-level business experience will be considered;
• Experience and scholarly attainment that qualifies the candidate to teach at the college level in a business discipline;
• Substantial administrative experience; A portion of the administrative experience in an academic environment is preferred;
• Proven track record of building relationships with business and community leaders; and
• Demonstrated ability to think systemically, administer collegially, and advocate effectively for the University, the College and its faculty and students.
University of Mary Hardin–Baylor
The University of Mary Hardin–Baylor, a Christ-centered co-educational institution of higher learning affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas, was chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas. The historic campus spans more than 300 acres and comprises the living and learning environment for over 3,500 students representing 41 states and 34 foreign countries. UMHB offers more than 51 undergraduate majors and 14 graduate degree programs.
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of over 22,000 in the heart of central Texas. Nearby cities are Temple (5 miles), Waco (45 miles), Austin (65 miles), San Antonio (130 miles) and Dallas/Ft. Worth (130 miles). Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community. Belton boasts a downtown historic district, Victorian era homes, and over 160 historical markers in the city and surrounding areas. For recreation, Belton’s bodies of water include Belton Lake, a fisher’s and boater’s haven, and Stillhouse Hollow Lake, which is rated one of the top lakes in Texas for water quality. The climate is mild to hot, with winter low temperatures averaging in the 40’s and summertime highs in the 90’s.
Inquiries, Referrals, and Applications:
If you know of qualified candidates, we would appreciate your referral.
UMHB offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including Day One
medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with employer match, and tuition benefits for employees
and their dependents.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES – Visit www.hr.umhb.edu/careers for more details and to apply. Please submit
a cover letter, CV, transcript copies and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB’s mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments.
INTERNAL CANDIDATES – Submit a letter of interest and CV to Dr. Colin Wilborn, Executive Dean, Mayborn College of Health Sciences (cwilborn@UMHB.edu) with copy to Ms. Sherri Worley, Associate Vice President for Human Resources (sworley@UMHB.edu).
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled
To apply for this job please visit www.hr.umhb.edu.