Chair of the Division of Fine Arts and Assistant/Associate Professor of Music
Website Louisiana College
Louisiana College is seeking an innovative and dynamic candidate to serve as the Chair of the Division of Fine Arts and to fill an open full-time tenure-track position as the Choral Director in the Department of Music. The Chair of the Division of Fine Arts is the academic and administrative supervisor for the Department of Music and the Department of Art and is responsible for overseeing institutional effectiveness for the division, managing the budget, and recruiting, mentoring, and evaluating faculty. As Choral Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for directing the college’s current choral groups, Voices, Louisianians, Gracenotes, and Chorale and for building a quality choral program that contributes to the overall success and growth of the Department of Music. The rank is open and will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and reputation. Position to begin August 2021.
The successful candidate will also teach courses in conducting, choral pedagogy, choral literature, and possibly applied voice lessons. The successful candidate will recruit through activities such as guest conducting engagements, visits to colleges and high schools, engagement with professional organizations, and participation in all admissions events. All full-time faculty are expected to teach courses, hold office hours, and participate fully in departmental, collegiate, and college activities; to engage in scholarly/creative activity; contribute to departmental, college, and college work; advise students; and demonstrate a commitment to professional development. Vital to success in the program, the successful candidate will be expected to maintain an effective working relationship with the administration, faculty, staff, students, alumni, and the community. Additional hours outside of the school day are expected as needed for items that include but are not limited to concerts, recruiting, and outreach.
Other Duties and Expectations:
- Follow and comply with all college policies.
- Recruit high school students by visiting schools and coordinating with high school directors.
- Maintain office hours to be accessible as needed for student conferences.
- Assist in curriculum development and selection of instructional materials.
- Advise student music majors.
- Travel with Voices for evening and/or weekend engagements.
Louisiana College is a private, Baptist, coeducational college of liberal arts and sciences with selected professional programs, located in Pineville, Louisiana. The College was founded in 1906 and is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the Louisiana Baptist Convention. It has an enrollment of about 1,200 students and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
About the Department of Music: Our NASM-accredited Bachelor of Art and Bachelor of Music degree programs are recognized for their progressive course offerings. All degree programs draw from a broad spectrum of global, historical, and popular music practices, emphasizing creativity and a practical application of theoretical principles. Our programs provide our students with practical experiences, theoretical knowledge, and the entrepreneurial acumen needed for success in their chosen fields of study.
- Completed doctorate preferred; masters with significant professional experience required.
- Successful experience in collegiate-level or exceptional secondary-level choral teaching.
- Ability to work with diverse student populations.
- Willingness and ability to work collaboratively and collegially with fellow faculty members and administration.
- Evidence of continuing professional engagement on a regional, state, and national level.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to teach through a variety of mechanisms to effectively instruct students.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check
- Submission of original transcripts.
Must be a visible CHRISTIAN leader and give witness as a person who lives a life that honors the Lord Jesus Christ and is consonant with the Statement of Christian Standards of Louisiana College and the Baptist Faith and Message.
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter
- LC application
- LC Christian Worldview
- Curriculum vitae
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation.
Inquiries and all submissions should be made to:
Dr. Cheryl D. Clark, Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs
1140 College Drive, P. O. Box 567
Pineville, LA 71359
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com