Chair of the Department of Accounting and Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Accounting
North Greenville University
POSITION: CHAIR OF THE DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING AND ASSISTANT, ASSOCIATE, OR FULL PROFESSOR OF ACCOUNTING
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
North Greenville University is receiving applications for the position of Chair of the Department of Accounting and Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Accounting beginning in Fall 2021. Candidates applying for this position should hold an earned doctorate in Accounting (or an earned doctorate with a concentration in Accounting) from an accredited institution. Excellent oral and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, as well as demonstrated leadership, vision and collaborative skills are necessary to assist in the successful operation of the department and the college. Preference will be given to candidates with leadership experience as a Chair or Program Coordinator and licensure as a CPA.
North Greenville University is a teaching university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Members of the NGU faculty are orthodox Christians who have a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ, are role models in their piety and ethics, maintain active membership in an evangelical congregation, and mentor students academically and spiritually. They are Christian scholars who reflect upon their discipline from the perspective of a biblical worldview and are expected to teach in accordance with, and not contrary to the University’s Statement on Human Flourishing. All employees of NGU are required to abstain from beverage alcohol and illegal drugs.
- Provide leadership and management for the Accounting program.
- Manage the Accounting full-time and part-time faculty.
- Develop program curriculum, including course and program proposals and revisions.
- Coordinate curricular offerings each term.
- Lead the department in academic advising and mentoring.
- Oversee the outcomes assessment process for the Accounting program.
- Participate in student recruitment and retention.
- Teach courses in Accounting in the classroom and in an online environment, as necessary.
- Engage in service and scholarly activities.
- Engage in activities related to the Accounting profession in the community.
- Develop professional relationships to facilitate student placement for internships and employment after graduation.
- Serve on faculty committees.
- Model genuine Christian faith in and beyond the classroom.
- Intentionally and explicitly integrate the Christian faith with teaching and scholarship.
- Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations, and use a computer system for teaching and administrative duties.
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and students.
- Dexterity: Grasping, feeling, writing, typing and using the telephone, copier, and computer systems.
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend classes, meetings, and functions across campus.
- Speaking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Lifting, pulling, pushing: Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force ordinarily, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Cognitive/Emotional: Ability to critically think and concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in conditions.
This position is a full-time, nine-month position. The Chair of Accounting reports to the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs of the College of Business and Entrepreneurship, who reports to the Dean of the College of Business and Entrepreneurship.
Normal academic operations are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, and Friday, 8:00 am – 1:15 pm. Occasional work may be required on weekends and evenings for special university events required.
As part of the application, candidates should submit a cover letter, CV, copies of transcripts, and the contact information for two professional references, and one reference from a leader in your church. Candidates submitting materials by February 28, 2021 will receive full consideration. Review of candidates will continue until the position is filled.