Athletic Compliance Graduate Assistant
Website Shorter University
Shorter University, a NCAA II institution in Rome, Georgia, which competes in the Gulf South Conference, invites applications for the position of Shorter University Athletic Compliance Graduate Assistant. The program is designed to provide each participant with a holistic and valuable practical experience in athletic compliance administration at the collegiate level. Potential candidates must have a strong desire to pursue a career in athletic or sports administration or management. Other things candidates will need to know about the position are as follows:
- All candidates must be enrolled in a Master’s online degree program and maintain satisfactory progress towards degree completion to maintain the position.
- GAs receive 30-33 hours of tuition remission for graduate courses only; if undergraduate pre-requisites are needed they must be covered by financial aid or applicant’s personal funds.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Assist the Associate Athletic Director for Compliance in all activities necessary to certify compliance and eligibility of student athletes
- Monitoring countable athletically-related activities and voluntary activities;
- Maintaining student-athlete files and insuring that all required NCAA and Gulf South documentation are up to date;
- Researching NCAA rules and regulations;
- Assisting with interpretive issues of NCAA rules and regulations;
- Assisting with auditing of various compliance areas as assigned;
- Assisting in researching and compiling materials for Coaches’ rules education sessions;
- Utilizing NCAA Compliance Assistant software (CAi) to input student-athlete and team data; and
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Master’s degree options: MBA, MBA emphasis in Sports Management, or Master of Management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and admission to one of our graduate programs.
- Candidates must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
- GAs are asked to make a minimum 16 to 24-month work commitment to Shorter, depending on the master’s program and hours allowed each semester. Class hours taken in the summer require a work commitment of at least 5-10 hours per week of class.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Applications and data entry
- Be of good moral character, the candidate that is selected will have access to confidential student information and will have to agree with university and FERPA regulations
- Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Convention and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Start Date: Usually just before the start of a semester; August 1 for Fall Semester; January 1 for Spring Semester
Apply today at this link:
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Transforming Lives Through Christ
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.