Associate Professor/Professor, Director of Choral Activities, Mary Gibbs Jones Chair in Music
Website Baylor University
Baylor University seeks an Associate Professor/Professor, Director of Choral Activities, to start August 2023. Details for this position can be found at http://apply.interfolio.com/112058.
- Provide administrative leadership of all Choral Activities, including comprehensive vision for the program, mentoring junior faculty, recruiting, budgeting, leading collaborative artistic initiatives, and supporting the health and success of all choral ensembles
- Conduct the university’s flagship choral ensemble, the Baylor A Cappella Choir, and a second choral ensemble based on specialization
- Maintain a national/international profile as a conductor
- Lead the choral conducting graduate program
- Teach undergraduate/graduate courses in conducting or choral literature
- Collaborate with faculty from ensemble, music education, church music, and vocal faculty
- Cultivate and maintain professional relationships with choral musicians in schools, churches, and universities
RANK AND SALARY:
- Rank and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Distinguished record of choral conducting with national/international recognition
- Proven administrative leadership of a comprehensive choral program
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the university level
- Doctorate in music or equivalent professional experience
- Review of applications will begin on October 24, 2022 and continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, transcripts, three current letters of recommendation, 2-3 years of past concert programs, and unedited video recordings of choral conducting (30+ minutes of performances including contrasting styles; and 15-20 minutes of rehearsal including vocalizing and repertoire rehearsal) via Interfolio. Selected applicants may be asked to provide additional materials, including information about their faith background.
Please direct inquiries to:
Dr. Michele Henry
Chair of the Director of Choral Activities Search Committee
Located in Waco, Texas, Baylor University is the oldest college in Texas. With a population of around 21,000 students, Baylor is one of the top universities in the nation, having just been named an R1 institution by the Carnegie Classification in 2022. Baylor is also on the honor roll of the “Great Colleges to Work For” from The Chronicle of Higher Education, Baylor offers competitive salaries and benefits while giving faculty and staff the chance to live in one of the fastest-growing parts of the state. Our strategic plan, Illuminate, guides the University as we continue to live up to Baylor’s mission of educating men and women for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment within a caring community.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion as a selection criterion. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com