Website Louisiana College
Louisiana College is seeking applicants for an Assistant Registrar position. The Assistant Registrar performs a multitude of tasks to support the Office of the Registrar, including entering data, maintaining and preparing student records, problem-solving student record and system errors, overseeing the grading processes and the identification/collection of missing grades and incomplete grade forms and attendance, and preparing for the start and end of a semester through various reports and other tasks. He or she is responsible for managing the daily operation of the registration system, monitoring and ensuring compliance with college policies regarding registration procedures, evaluating the effectiveness of said policies, and recommending changes. The Assistant Registrar is the primary liaison for FERPA compliance and will manage and enforce campus compliance initiatives. The Assistant Registrar serves to aid students and staff across the college in helping to navigate and resolve registration needs and errors in support of student registration activity. The candidate must be willing to work long hours during peak times, and the position involves attendance at a few weekend events, such as Preview Day, Front of the Line, and Wildcat Welcome Weekend.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated innovative analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinker with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a support team both within and beyond the office.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with various departments and constituencies.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Experience with confidentiality of records, information and handling sensitive matters with judgment, tact, and diplomacy
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities and manage time effectively in a busy environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and independently.
- Expertise using a complex information management system.
- Background in Microsoft products and basic reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years of relevant experience required, preferably working in a Registrar’s Office.
- Master’s degree preferred and four (4) years of relevant full-time experience required, preferably working in a Registrar’s Office.
- Jenzabar EX experience preferred
- Experience in the management, security, and storage of academic records
Louisiana College is a private, Baptist, coeducational college of liberal arts and sciences with selected professional programs, located in Pineville, Louisiana. The College was founded in 1906 and is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the Louisiana Baptist Convention. It has an enrollment of about 1,200 students and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Must be a visible CHRISTIAN leader and give witness as a person who lives a life that honors the Lord Jesus Christ and is consonant with the Statement of Christian Standards of Louisiana College and the Baptist Faith.
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter
- LC staff application
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts
Inquiries and all submissions should be made to:
Dr. Cheryl D. Clark, Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs
1140 College Drive, P. O. Box 567
Pineville, LA 71359
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com