Assistant Professor of Health & Exercise Science – Masters Level
Website Louisiana College
Louisiana College invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Health and Exercise Science. Responsibilities include teaching both face-to-face and online undergraduate courses, undergraduate research, advise and mentor students, supervise student interns, scholarly activity, and service to the college and community.
The candidate should be able to teach courses including but not limited to: Personal Fitness, Methods of Teaching Team and Individual Sports, Physical Education in the Elementary School, Organization and Administration, etc. Training and/or expertise in Physical Education along with NSCA certification or ACSM certification is highly desirable. Evidence of peer-reviewed publications and professional presentations is also highly desirable.
- Candidates must have a Master’s degree in Exercise Science or closely related field, such as Kinesiology, Physical Education, Health Promotion, and Sports Management, ABD or Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience teaching Health and Physical Education in K-12 schools.
Louisiana College is a private, Baptist, coeducational college of liberal arts and sciences with selected professional programs, located in Pineville, Louisiana. The College was founded in 1906 and is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the Louisiana Baptist Convention. It has an enrollment of about 1,200 students and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be familiar with word processing software and have a basic understanding of computers and their application in an academic setting.
- Ability to motivate students to excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to teach through a variety of mechanisms to effectively instruct students.
- Successful background check.
Must be a visible CHRISTIAN leader and give witness as a person who lives a life that honors the Lord Jesus Christ and is consonant with the Statement of Christian Standards of Louisiana College and the Baptist Faith and Message. Applicants should send an application, an application letter, resume or CV, transcripts, Christian Worldview, and three reference letters to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org