Assistant Professor of Health and Exercise Science
Website Louisiana Christian University
Louisiana Christian University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Health and Exercise Science. Responsibilities include teaching both face-to-face and online undergraduate courses, undergraduate research, advise and mentor students, supervise student interns, scholarly activity, and service to the college and community.
The candidate should be able to teach courses including but not limited to: Personal Fitness, Methods of Teaching Team and Individual Sports, Physical Education in the Elementary School, Organization and Administration, etc. Training and/or expertise in Physical Education along with NSCA certification or ACSM certification is highly desirable. Evidence of peer-reviewed publications and professional presentations is also highly desirable.
- Candidates must have a master’s degree in Exercise Science or closely related field, such as Kinesiology, Physical Education, Health Promotion, and Sports Management, ABD or Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience teaching Health and Physical Education in K-12 schools.
Louisiana Christian University is a private, Baptist, coeducational university of liberal arts and sciences with selected professional programs, located in Pineville, Louisiana. The University was founded in 1906 and is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the Louisiana Baptist Convention. It has an enrollment of about 1,200 students and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be familiar with word processing software and have a basic understanding of computers and their application in an academic setting.
- Ability to motivate students to excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to teach through a variety of mechanisms to effectively instruct students.
- Successful background check.
Must be a visible CHRISTIAN leader and give witness as a person who lives a life that honors the Lord Jesus Christ and is consonant with the Statement of Christian Standards of Louisiana Christian University and the Baptist Faith and Message.
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following:
A cover letter
- LCU faculty application
- LCU Christian Worldview Statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
Inquiries and all submissions should be made to:
Dr. Cheryl D. Clark
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Louisiana Christian University
1140 College Drive, P. O. Box 567
Pineville, LA 71359
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org