Assistant Professor of Education
Website Williams Baptist University
Williams Baptist University seeks applicants for the position of Assistant Professor of Education.
Founded in 1941, Williams Baptist University is an evangelical Christian liberal arts university, accredited
by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
(CAEP). It is located in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas, and has an average enrollment of 500 students. Owned
and operated by the Arkansas Baptist State Convention, the University takes seriously its identity as a
Christian institution in the Baptist tradition. We are committed to producing exceptional graduates
prepared to competently engage local and global cultures through a Christ-centered worldview. We
accomplish this by providing an excellent, holistically Christian, liberal arts education while
compassionately shaping student lives. More information about the University’s history, mission, and
vision can be reviewed on this website.
Williams Baptist University invites applications for a tenure-track position in the Department of
Education. The position will begin with the fall 2023 semester. The Williams Teacher Education Program
is a department within the Division of Professional Studies. The WTEP offers eight undergraduate
programs preparing candidates for Arkansas teacher licensure as well as two master’s level degree
programs. The unit is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Preparation.
● Primary responsibilities include teaching education courses with an emphasis on literacy.
● Designing a reading curriculum and engaging learning experiences, including Science of Reading
proficiency and awareness pathways, are critical aspects of this role.
● The candidate will collaborate with the department chair and faculty to support the CAEP
accreditation and State Program Review processes.
● Also of importance is the ability to model active-learning classroom strategies for teacher
candidates as outlined in the TESS domains.
● Advising students, supervising interns, committee assignments, and university-wide activities
are also elements of the position.
The candidate must have a master’s degree or higher in reading or a related area. Preference will be
given to candidates who have a reading specialist degree and/or experience with the Arkansas Science
of Reading requirements. Must have classroom teaching experience with a record of excellence in an
elementary or mid-level setting.
● Exceptional commitment to Christian higher education
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Organizational efficiency and attention to detail; able to work quickly with high degree of
accuracy; able to multitask
● Knowledge of effective recruitment and retention practices
● Strong and innovative leadership skills; public relation skills; strong organizational skills
● Ability to counsel and communicate effectively with students
● Strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills
● Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
● Teaching skills
● Ability to stand, sit, type, and walk for extended periods of time
● Ability to sit for extended periods of time and to lift 35 lbs.
● Ability to use standard office equipment
● Ability to use institutional technology equipment and resources
● Committed to the vision and mission of Williams Baptist University
● Per WBU Employee Handbook policy (40.2): “It is required that all faculty and administrative
staff be persons who have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and who are active
members of a local Christian church which adheres to an evangelical faith consistent with the
historic religious beliefs of Southern Baptists.”
Per WBC Policy
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applicants must be individuals of the highest Christian character, competent professionals, and servant
leaders. Applicants should complete WBU’s online application at:
and then email a resume, statement of faith and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. A review of applicants will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The position is scheduled to begin at the start of this summer.
To apply for this job please visit williamsbu.edu.