Assistant or Associate Professor of Nursing of Pediatrics
Website Oklahoma Baptist University
OBU Mission Statement
OBU transforms lives by equipping students to pursue academic excellence, integrate faith with all
areas of knowledge, engage a diverse world, and live worthy of the high calling of God in Christ.
Expectations for all Employees
Oklahoma Baptist University achieves its mission through a shared commitment to the following
expectations. All employees are expected to embrace these expectations and to model them in their
• Commitment to the essentials of the Christian faith.
• People are treated with dignity and respect.
• Relationships are built on honesty, integrity, and trust.
• Excellence is achieved through teamwork, leadership, and a strong work ethic.
• Efficiency is achieved through wise management of human and financial resources.
The School of Nursing invites applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor of Nursing
with a preference in Pediatric Nursing. Salary and rank will be commensurate with qualifications and
experience. The School of Nursing provides a baccalaureate program. The nursing faculty view nursing as a Christian ministry and a professional practice. During nursing courses, students learn to provide quality nursing care through competent and professional practice. Upon completion of the programs, the undergraduate student is qualified to take the national examination for licensure as a registered nurse.
• Teaching nursing classroom theory and/or clinicals
• Student advising as assigned
• University committee service as assigned
• Departmental duties as assigned
• Scholarly activities
• Continuous professional development
• Community service
• Accept assignments for classes consistent with the faculty member’s experience and
• Planning directed learning activities to assist students in proficiency in content on learning guides
• Selection or formulation of test items to evaluate student’s mastery of content in online testing
• Complete course evaluation
• Manage all courses in Canvas
• Develop, disseminate, and update syllabi according to program requirements
• Resolve problem situations between courses within the same level
• Participate with team in evaluation of semester
• Participate in team meetings for the purpose of coordination of classes during a given
• Monitor the individualized plan of study for advisees
• Advise student about enrollment in relation to plan of study
• Monitor addition and withdrawal from courses
• Keep degree check sheet current in student’s file
• Advise transfers regarding courses
• Advise students of financial/economic implications of enrollment changes
• Monitor student’s progress in program
• Meet with students as needed. Meet with first-year students at least twice during each semester
of first year
• Communicate with students as needed regarding midterm grade report, honor roll, etc.
• Be available to talk about student concerns.
• Refer students as needed for personal or career counseling
• Advise student about professional decisions as appropriate
• Assist in arranging orientation periods for the clinical agency
• Be on site with students during the clinical class period
• Communicate with agency staff regarding student competencies and responsibilities
• Communicate with floor managers regarding student experiences and staff responses to
• Assign patients for student delivery of nursing care
• Evaluate clinical sites with agency staff, faculty, and student responses
• Communicate with faculty teaching other sections of the course to compare student
performance and experiences
• Faculty may be assigned other roles such as team leader, course coordinator, and
coordinate of adjuncts. Load credit will be assigned to these responsibilities as indicated in
the Faculty Handbook
• Participate in School of Nursing committees and meetings
• Complete all documents/surveys for program evaluation
• Participate in student recruitment efforts on and off campus
• Participate in professional development commensurate with faculty role and program needs
• Engage in scholarly/creative activities as indicated in Faculty Handbook.
• Engage in University and Community service opportunities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Be able to communicate clearly and effectively
• Possess and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
• Possess and demonstrate strong pedagogy
• Be able to assess student ability and adjust teaching as appropriate
• Be able to advise students
• Knowledge of online education delivery methods
• Be able to relate to colleagues In the OBU community and serve as a representative to the
professional community beyond OBU
• Master of Science in Nursing and current nursing license in Oklahoma
• Minimum of two years of nursing experience
• Proficiency in the use of computer software and hardware
• Proficiency in the use of classroom audio/visual equipment
• Sufficient mobility and physical stamina to walk about the campus to visit various offices; to
travel to local, regional, and national locations; and transport moderately heavy items to offices
• Commitment to the vision and mission of Oklahoma Baptist University
• Active member in a local evangelical church
• Teaching experience
• DNP or PhD in Nursing and current nursing license in Oklahoma
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org