Assistant or Associate Professor of Marketing
Website Oklahoma Baptist University
Department: School of Business
Supervision Received: Dean of Business, Health, Science and Education
Supervision Given: Possible student workers
The Dickinson School of Business invites applications for a fulltime professor who can teach marketing
courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels. Primary teaching responsibilities include
undergraduate courses in marketing analytics, digital marketing, small business marketing, sell & sales
management, international marketing, and the possible creation of new Marketing courses in the
curriculum. The candidate may also be required to teach an MBA course in Strategic Marketing.
Research responsibilities include publishing in peer-reviewed journals and presenting at peer-reviewed
conferences in areas related to marketing. Faculty members are expected to be involved in professional
and community activities for the purposes of scholarship, professional development, student advising,
recruiting, & mentorship, and service.
• Teaching marketing courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Depending on
qualifications, teaching other courses in the School of Business and University is possible.
• Student advising and mentoring.
• University committee service as assigned.
• School of Business duties as assigned.
• Assisting with the assessment process and accreditation reporting for the Marketing major.
• Working with Admissions to recruit students to the Business School and University.
• Networking within the community to help students connect with industry.
OBU Mission Statement
OBU transforms lives by equipping students to pursue academic excellence, integrate faith with all areas
of knowledge, engage a diverse world, and live worthy of the high calling of God in Christ.
Expectations for all Employees
Oklahoma Baptist University achieves its mission through a shared commitment to the following
expectations. All employees are expected to embrace these expectations and to model them in their
• Commitment to the essentials of the Christian faith.
• People are treated with dignity and respect.
• Relationships are built on honesty, integrity, and trust.
• Excellence is achieved through teamwork, leadership, and a strong work ethic.
• Efficiency is achieved through wise management of human and financial resources.
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to teach courses in marketing
• Strong communication skills
• Willingness to advise and mentor students
• Ability to serve as a representative to the professional community beyond OBU
• Commitment to pursue scholarly activity
• Willingness to teach some online courses
• Master’s degree with eighteen (18) graduate hours in marketing.
• Be proficient in office technology, office software (including various Microsoft tools), marketing
technology (e.g. social media tools, etc.) and classroom presentation software.
• Sufficient mobility and physical stamina to teach classes and to travel as needed
• Successful teaching experience at the university level and industry experience
• A terminal degree (D.B.A. or Ph.D.) in marketing
• An additional 18 graduate hours in management or analytics
• Commitment to the vision and mission of Oklahoma Baptist University and the Paul Dickinson
School of Business
• Must be an active member of an evangelical* church in one’s community of residence, willing
to teach in accordance with the Baptist Faith & Message 2000, and in agreement with the
university’s policy on human sexuality (provided by HR upon request).
*Evangelical is a broad term referring to a segment within Christianity which maintains the authority
of the Bible and the belief in salvation by faith in Jesus alone.
**Please apply using the link for “Faculty Applications” on the OBU website by clicking below.
To apply for this job please visit www.okbu.edu.