Assistant or Associate Professor of Communication
Website Hardin-Simmons University
The Department of Communication in the Cynthia Ann Parker College of Liberal Arts at Hardin-Simmons University (Abilene, Texas) is seeking an Assistant or Associate Professor of Communication.
The candidate’s primary academic field should be Communication. A strong commitment to teaching, service, and scholarly work is expected. The department has a long-standing major in Strategic Communication and a new major in Digital Media. The standard full-time teaching load is four, 3-credit classes each Fall and Spring semesters.
A doctoral degree in Communication is preferred; at least a master’s degree in Communication is required. Teaching experience is also preferred, with an emphasis in either Rhetoric or Media studies, plus the ability to teach the standard Introductory Speech course.
A successful applicant must also be able to:
- Teach several different courses in Communication.
- Teach in a variety of formats, such as hybrid and online but with a preference for face-to-face.
- Provide academic advising and mentoring of students.
- Be willing to serve both the university and their community.
- Profess a Christian faith, maintain membership in a local congregation, and respect the values and distinctives central to the historically Baptist values of HSU.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Anticipated start date is either January or August 2023.
Candidates for this position should submit application materials via HSU’s Cornerstone Applicant Management System: https://hsutx.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=3&c=hsutx&id=610
To apply for this job please visit hsutx.csod.com.