Assistant or Associate Professor in Psychology and Counseling
Website Hardin-Simmons University
This position is focused primarily on teaching undergraduate classes in psychology, as well as advising and mentoring Psychology majors. Qualified candidates must have an earned master’s degree in Psychology or closely related discipline; earned or in-progress doctoral degrees in a relevant discipline is preferred. Teaching experience is preferred.
Successful applicants are expected to:
- Teach four, 3-credit courses each Fall and Spring semester. Faculty members serving in the CMHC graduate program (e.g., Position 1) have summer teaching responsibilities.
- Teach in a variety of formats, such as hybrid and online but face-to-face teaching is the preferred format.
- Provide academic advising and mentoring of students.
- Provide service to both the university and the community.
- Profess a Christian faith, maintain membership in a local congregation, and respect the values and distinctives central to the historically Baptist values of HSU.
Review of applications begins immediately. The anticipated start date for this position is August 2023, but successful candidates can begin as early as January 2023. Candidates for this position should submit application materials via HSU’s Cornerstone Applicant Management System, which can be access be clicking on the relevant position title at https://www.hsutx.edu/work-at-hsu/open-faculty-positions/ .
To apply for this job please visit www.hsutx.edu.