Assistant/Associate Professor Scott & White School of Nursing
Website University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
The University of Mary Hardin Baylor’s Mayborn College of Health Sciences seeks qualified faculty for its Scott & White School of Nursing beginning early January 2021, with initial appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, commensurate with experience.
Candidates with evidence of teaching repertoire in more than one specialty area of nursing (medical-surgical, pediatric, psychiatric-mental health, etc.) are strongly encouraged to apply.
UMHB seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
The Scott & White School of Nursing offers one undergraduate degree program, the Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Additionally, the School offers one graduate degree, the Master’s of Science in Nursing with three concentrations: Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, and Nurse Educator.
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of 22,000 in the heart of central Texas. Nearby cities are Temple (5 miles), Waco (45 miles), Austin (65 miles), San Antonio (130 miles) and Dallas/Ft. Worth (130 miles). Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Faculty Responsibilities: Activities required of all faculty include exemplary teaching, curriculum development, student advising; professional attainment; and service to department, college, university, and the community.
Specific Responsibilities: Teach undergraduate courses in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. The teaching load is typically 12 hours per semester. Other responsibilities include clinical instruction and supervision of students.
- Education: A Master’s degree in Nursing is required. A doctorate in nursing or healthcare-related field is preferred. ABD will be considered (tenure-track status requires terminal degree in hand).
- Licensure: A current and valid Texas RN license is required. Current licensure in another state with eligibility to achieve Texas RN licensure within six (6) months of hire may be substituted.
- A minimum of three (3) years clinical employment experience is required; at least five (5) years clinical employment experience is preferred.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment, and commitment to quality improvement are essential.
- Must be an active, and committed Christian.
Salaries & Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
TO APPLY: Visit www.umhb.edu/careers for more details and to apply. Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB’s mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.umhb.edu.