Assistant/Associate Professor Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing Emphasis
Website University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
The University of Mary Hardin Baylor’s Mayborn College of Health Sciences seeks qualified faculty for its Scott and White School of Nursing beginning Fall 2022, with initial appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, commensurate with experience. Teaching emphasis will be in psychiatric and mental health nursing. UMHB seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
The School of Nursing offers two undergraduate degree programs; a traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and a competency-based online RN to BSN, and one graduate degree program, a Master of Science in Nursing (Nurse Educator).
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of 22,000 in the heart of central Texas. Nearby cities are Temple (5 miles), Waco (45 miles), Austin (65 miles), San Antonio (130 miles) and Dallas/Ft. Worth (130 miles). Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Faculty Responsibilities: Activities required of all faculty include exemplary teaching, curriculum development, student advising; professional attainment; and service to department, college, university, and the community.
Specific Responsibilities: Teach undergraduate courses in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, to include psychiatric/mental health nursing. The teaching load is typically 12 hours per semester. Other responsibilities may include clinical instruction and supervision of students.
- A Master’s degree in Nursing is required.
- Additionally, a doctoral degree in nursing or healthcare-related field is preferred.
- A current and valid Texas RN license is required. Current licensure in another state with eligibility to achieve Texas RN licensure within six (6) months of hire may be substituted.
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical employment experience required, five (5) years preferred.
- Psychiatric/mental health nursing experience required.
- Teaching experience is preferred.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment, and commitment to quality improvement are essential.
- Must be an active and committed Christian.
Salaries & Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
TO APPLY: Visit www.umhb.edu/careers for more details and to apply. Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB’s mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.umhb.edu.