Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing
Website Louisiana Christian University
The Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing is responsible for the day-to-day activities of a course (i.e. grades, schedules, syllabi, calendars, etc.) as well as lecture/classroom theoretical content with practical learning experiences in clinical supervision. Position is tenure track with salary and rank based on candidate’s qualifications. Candidate must demonstrate a vital Christian faith and integrate Christian faith with teaching and learning. Twelve-month position to begin as soon as position is filled.
- Teaches one or more subjects within prescribed curriculum using a variety of teaching methodologies to facilitate and engage students in the learning process.
- Embraces and integrates the Christian mission and vision of LCU, the nursing program mission and philosophy, student learning outcomes, the curriculum model and clinical expectations.
- Facilitates student application of theory to clinical.
- Communicates effectively utilizing professional techniques with clinical agency representatives, staff, faculty, and students.
- Identifies and immediately communicates problem areas/clinical areas of concern to lead faculty and recommends changes and solutions as appropriate.
- Provides weekly or as needed communication with School of Nursing leadership concerning student progress including successes, identified needs, clinical issues, suggestions, and professional learning needs.
- Demonstrates quality nursing care, problem solving skills, effective use of resources, collaboration with other health professionals and professional standards as outlined by the School of Nursing.
- Adheres to and enforces the policies and procedures of Louisiana Christian University, the School of Nursing, and the clinical facility assigned.
- Cooperates with university administration.
- Remains current with new trends and development in his/her field of expertise.
- Participates in faculty development and professional organizations: research, scholarly projects, and publications.
- Must maintain the equivalent of a four-course load (12 credit hours).
Duties related to the School of Nursing:
- Plans learning experiences (i.e. classroom activities, pre/post conferences, and clinical assignments for student supervision, evaluation and feedback conferences).
- Prepares written evaluation materials (i.e. syllabi, tests, handouts, etc.) for submission and duplication in a timely manner.
- Manages schedule to ensure regular and prompt attendance at all required course activities, University committees, and faculty meetings.
- Plans and schedules teaching and clinical/lab activities for curriculum courses and teaching.
- Effectively demonstrates excellence in classroom teaching.
- Stimulates class discussions and student participation.
- Creates an atmosphere that fosters critical thinking.
- Compiles, administers, and grades examinations in a timely manner.
- Adheres to University policies in grading and posting of grades
- Controls and monitors ongoing instructional activities and systems in order to maintain adherence of prescribed standards and student evaluation.
- Holds students accountable for the acquired competency in their performance, and assists students in re-mediation to acquire and maintain competence.
- Motivates students through instructional and counseling activities toward high levels of contribution to the discipline.
- Conducts conferences with students concerning academic and clinical competence and progress.
- Records and maintains data for student records, grades, accreditation, and school studies (i.e. test item banks, course evaluation portfolio, annual course reports, etc.).
- Coordinates and manages the course implementation in consultation with members of the teach team.
- Participates in scholarship through teaching, application, and the integration, and discovery of knowledge.
- Participates in recruitment and retention programs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be familiar with word processing software and have a basic understanding of computers and their application in an academic setting.
- Ability to motivate students to excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to teach through a variety of mechanisms to effectively instruct students.
Minimum master’s degree in nursing; earned or pursuing doctorate in nursing or terminal degree preferred. Experience in student assessment and evaluation preferred but will mentor novice faculty. Current unencumbered registered nurse (RN) licensure for professional practice with the Louisiana State Board of Nursing.
The successful candidate will acknowledge a life calling to liberal arts education at a University with the following mission: Louisiana Christian University is a Christ-centered community committed to Academic Excellence where students are equipped for Lives of Learning, Leading, and Serving.”
Louisiana Christian University is a private, Baptist, coeducational university of liberal arts and sciences with selected professional programs, located in Pineville, Louisiana. The University was founded in 1906 and is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the Louisiana Baptist Convention. It has an enrollment of about 1,200 students and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match, and LCU tuition benefits are available for employees and their dependents.
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following:
1. A cover letter
2. LCU Faculty Application
3. LCU Christian Worldview Form
4. Curriculum Vitae
6. Undergraduate and graduate transcripts (unofficial acceptable for application)
7. Three letters of recommendation (may be sent separately)
Inquiries and all submissions should be made to:
Dr. Cheryl D. Clark, Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs
Louisiana Christian University
1140 College Drive
LCU Box 567
Pineville, LA 71359
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com